Records: [offtopic]Sports Vision Trainings

Thread in 'Competition' started by mask, 11 Sep 2008.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i always liked the word "femme". and when you're talking about a femme you get to say "ooh la la" [​IMG]

2. Muf

Muf

[​IMG]

Tish! That's French! [​IMG]

3. I agree with you, muf. People in my area somehow got the idea that it's cool to use "male" and "female" as a noun when referring to people. To me, it just sounds like their talking about lab animals.

4. I found out what my problem was:
    My flash player had been turned off, [​IMG]
    So now my problem is solved [​IMG]

EDIT:

OMG, I almost reached my goal: getting under 10 sec...I was so close [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ai

Ai

LMAO!

Now that I read my post again it does sound very scientific and awkward... ^^

Girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Okay I think I get it after typing the word 50 times as punishment.

Here fixed!

I just used the word without giving it further thought. I was certainly not trying to get people's attention. I'll try choosing my words carefully from now on.

And congrats Kevcel!

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXOCwtpBZ8E (Girls, by The Prodigy)

7. LOL, yeah right, typing it 50 times as ''punishment''...I guess you just copy and paste it 50 times [​IMG]

Thanks Ai...if only I were 0,004 sec faster, then I would have broken the 10 second limit...I made 1 miss click, otherwise I would have made it [​IMG]

I think I'll try to beat Yoshihiro's time;

Blink, tell your girlfriend that I give up trying to beat her [​IMG]
    I've accepted the fact that a girl is #1, even though it was very hard to accept [​IMG][​IMG]

ps: Will another dude take over the task? [​IMG]

EDIT
    YESSSSSSSSSS, I've beaten Yoshihiro!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. I have a new personal record (new personal best time + new personal best average) [​IMG]

[Name]Kevcel
    [Class]25 BLOCKS
    [Time]best 00:09:693,average 00:10:528
    [Location]Netherlands, Europe

9. jujube

jujube Unregistered

woot woot Kevcel [​IMG] just 0.4 seconds behind sandibaby now.

10. I have been chasing Sandibaby for a while now; At the beginning I thought it would be impossible to get under 10 seconds, therefore I was focusing on Yoshihiro's time first.
    The day before yesterday I had changed my ''clicking tactics'' and it was a success: that day was the first time I got under 10 seconds, and simultaneously, I had beaten Yoshihiro's time.
    Now I had to try to beat Sandibaby's time...
    I was playing the game this afternoon...and...suddenly:

I HAD DONE IT [​IMG]
    I even got under 9 seconds [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Name]Kevcel
    [Class]25 BLOCKS
    [Time]best 00:08:881,average 00:09:994
    [Location]Netherlands, Europe

Now I can Rest In Peace [​IMG]

11. Muf

Muf

OMG! It's... Kevcel!
    [​IMG]

12. Damn...you've discovered my secret identity [​IMG]

13. hahaha.
    the picture comes out very well. kevcel, i'm on the verge of loving new hero [​IMG]

btw, i have just made a list so as to compare tetris records with our physical performance.
    well....... records surely are scattered throughout the following list [​IMG]

[​IMG]

kevcel, if you don't mind, why don't you challenge to make a new world record on lj ?
    i wish you demonstrated a theory based on sports medixine [​IMG]

14. omg...ehhhh...well...
    I'm afraid of weaken the theory, so let me pretend I'm i'll now...COUGH...COUGH...then I have an excuse for a very bad time [​IMG]

Okay, let me be serious:
    I've never played Lockjaw [or any other 40 lines time attack] before, so I have to download it first...and don't expect a good time. On the contrary: it's more realistic to expect the worst time [​IMG]

ps: atm I also don't have the time to practice a lot [​IMG]

pps: All right, people might say that these are just excuses, because I chickened out;
    but let me say that my arguments are both true [​IMG]

15. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Kevcel: i think your quick thinking and physical precision would make you a very fast tetris player. but...it takes hard practice to improve your tetris speed. don't expect to jump right in and make 40 lines in 39 seconds with a week's practice, but don't get frustrated when you see you're unable to do that. at the same time, i wouldn't advise pushing hard for speed and forcing yourself to practice for hours a day if you're not having fun. in other words, don't make tetris a chore just to prove yourself to others. on the other hand, if you want to pursue time attack and won't get frustrated, then show us what you got foo [​IMG]

16. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

my best: 14.569
    "average": 21.448 (has anyone figured out the formula yet?)
    [​IMG]

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

that's a really good time tepples.

i'm totally clueless on that, although yours seems closer to the mean than mine, just by looking at your spread.

18. I've tried many things. Average, trimmed average, mean of 3, average of best and worst, I can't figure it out.

19. Perhaps it uses something that doesn't actually provide reliable results? My guess at the moment is "add previous result, divide by two," hahaha.

20. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

The formula

(sum of all trials +median)/(number of trials + 1)

EDIT: hmm. well that works for the case of 1,2, and 3 trials... fails for the 10 trials. will need to try more...