*POWER OFF*= Loss, but how?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 7 Jul 2006.

1. I've been thinking about something (rarity for me...) since my bettery ran out online, and that is this:

When you turn the DS off mid-game, you lose points for disconnecting, which is fair enough. But, when you turn the DS back on, how, without connecting to the internet, does your DS know you disconnected and change your Wifi rating accordingly? Does it do it in the split second between you pressing the power button and the system turning off? If this is the case, maybe this is how gigolo and mr j cheat, rather than using a save file, they simply remove the battery or something. This would certainly explain why when people play gigolo (myself included) he is always reported to disconnect before the game ends - before the cart saves the loss.

Anyone else think this is the case or knows how the cart saves the scores?

2. Guest

Guest Unregistered

I'm not sure if thats how it works but I did notice that gigolo's score has recently gone down?? What does this mean?? Perhaps his save did not work for a tough 4player loss? whatev, lets hop he filters back to where he should be.

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

As I understand it, the game records a loss on the EEPROM when the game starts, and then if you win, it changes it to a win.