Records: [TAP] Death

Thread in 'Competition' started by colour_thief, 9 Aug 2006.

1. Well, I add my really modest contribution then:

[​IMG]

2. mat

mat

365 is totally respectable! we get so caught up in these goddamn superplay world record types that we often overlook what a grand achievment and intense skill it is to play at even 1 piece per second--let alone 2!

3. I didn't think about it this way, thanks for encouraging [​IMG]
    Gogogogo training hard [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. That's the spirit! The only way to improve is to play with burning vigour. [​IMG]

5. I spent tonight eating pizza, drinking guinness, and watching a movie with a friend. A winning formula?

[​IMG]

I'm glad I had a quick session after the movie!! This was also my first time getting M twice in one day. The first M wasn't very notable... 505 or so I believe.

6. K

K

Holy shit [​IMG][​IMG]

Congrats [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

so didn't you fell the play was longer than usual ?

oh oh oh this is becoming very interesting !!!

anyway at 2 day interval you would have taken the lead [​IMG]
    i like this friendly pressure [​IMG]

7. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG] And you will feel more and more now...

8. K

K

Holy shit !!

congratulation Amnesia !

Another Death Master !!

so how do you feel guy ? tell us your impression !

how did you manage your play ?

do you have an inp ?

could be so good if everybody could make replays :\

3 good event this week !! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Congrats everyone! My do I feel left behind. I guess it's time to get my head out of TDS to concentrate on Death again.

You better enjoy that M grade while you still can Amnesia. [​IMG]

10. Oh boy, what a week !

11. Holy crap! Congratulations Amnesia! [​IMG]
    Isn't this game made of win and awesome?

Yeah, 2 days ago my record would have taken the lead. [​IMG] At least it's not as bad as the time I beat your Gm time, only to find that you had improved your record in the previous hour.

And yes the play felt much longer than usual. I was extremely aware that I had passed 2 sections after 500. I'm not sure if it was the beer, but I kept my cool and didn't really think about it... I just kept a relaxed concentration on playing.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Whoah..Colour_thief..Your improvement is far better than mine! [​IMG]

I FEEL SO GOOD TODAY!!!

Sorry, I promise to make soon an inp..

It was yesterday at 23h40 (french hour)..My friend Bou was sit on my left..Just After he told me he was excited and his hearth was shaked like mine...

A very good evening for me at tetris...

Before the M, I made 2 little improvement :

Master : lv 500 at 5min05

TA DEATH : lv 100 in 40sec

Later, after 2 drunks and one cigarette, I said to my friend :"please just one and after I go sleep.."

I begin, a normal game, 45 seconde at 100, so I was saying "I'll continue but 45 is too long..It's just for fun.."

Section 200 my stack grow up..

I pass 300 at 2min06 with a stack at 2/3 of the high..

"rr...damn I'm still too slow..."

"lost for lost..." (french expression)

I begin to excite myself and I destroy this fucking stack with a lot of cancel.. [​IMG]
    (and a lot of chance [​IMG] )

lv 400 : I've a stack very low, I take a big breathing...

My stack begin to increase...I'll be honnest, I've said in my head :

"I must do it this time I can't lose..I must do it like jago, matt and c_t..."

480, the music stops, I'm saying :

"pass....don't pass....pass....don't pass..."

I knew I was very close..I think I passed it at 3:24:--

The moment where the m appear at the screen will stay in my memory all my life...I said : "WHOAHO HO HO !!!" or a stupid thing like that..

After 500 it's a total blackout..I can't remember what's happened until 519...I've jumped on the keyboard to take a screenshoot then..

Sorry Jago I hope it's not too long to read...

I tell you thank you, a very sincere thank you for you and c_t, I've followed your advises since I've met you there is 1 year ago on emulversal..

Even if some people here think I'm a "strange" an excentric guy, and even if some of them don't wish to meet me alone.. [​IMG]
    I thank all members of this community, if I hadn't come here, I would have never reached this level..I come here all morning to check and read all new post..I've learned a lot of thing from other player..

I love this community and I will continue to assert my passion for tetris around me as long as I can..

Go DIGITAL and kotetsu, you're the next Death Master!!

I hope you will never give up!

DIGITAL you have the powerfull to do it and kotetsu, use the cheat to improve your endurence at lv 400! [​IMG]

13. Ok guys, I added a leaderboard to the first post. Check it out!

As you can see there are many people in the 300-400 range. Hopefully this will give them some motivation to improve. If anyone wants to be added all are welcome. [​IMG]

14. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i come here everyday to read your posts, Amnesia. then i move on to everyone else's [​IMG] your enthusiasm is great and nice job with achieving M grade. i'll have to play more TGM so i can truly appreciate what all you guys and guiles are doing.

15. Bien jou mon gars !

16. To prove how far behind you guys on TGM and PC Tetris I am...

Level 241 is my best, time 2:20:??

Only have a screenshot of 231 at 2:12:90

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

You can add my friend Bou with 250, and docken is around ~430..
    You can ask him on the chat... [​IMG]

Stupid! I'm sure if we fight, you will beat me with any problem on TDS..

I'm able to beat the com 5, 1 game on 6... [​IMG]

18. Shows the rift between TDS and TGM. It's not the speed that kills me, it's the way I have to stack to compensate for the rotation. 120ppm is not beyond me.

19. Ken_P

Ken_P Unregistered

I'm both encouraged and scared. I can't see ever making M, I'm just too slow. I don't have the time on my 361, but I just did 324 in 2:58:25, so it's probably a little over three minutes.

20. Proof that my last game wasn't a fluke:

[​IMG]

I've also finished Master 3 times with 9:05 today and once with 9:06. I'm not sure what has happened but I feel like a completely different player this week. <EDIT> And I just got Death 633. All-in-all a good session today. [​IMG]

Also I added cgwg's 480 to the leaderboard. Toronto represent. [​IMG]