Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Don't listen colour_thief! [​IMG][​IMG]
    His speed is insane (9min05, second best time after Jago) and he is still S8.. [​IMG]

2. K

K

Don't listen to Amnesia !!! [​IMG]

1_ Building skill

2_ Grade

3_ 999

4_ Time attack

3. No, that's great cyberguile! Don't listen to him... It's still your new fastest 999 time (I'm counting TGM1 here) and I'm sure you'll improve it before too long.

4. sheesh, stop confusing the poor man [​IMG]

5. mat

mat

confused yer mom.

6. Yay for improvement:

[​IMG]

7. Trying to improve time AND doing more tetrises:

[​IMG]

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

AAhh!.. [​IMG]

(sorry for the new records of some people, I will update tomorow)

9. lol @ I've been updating them for you all along [​IMG]

And nice work there cyberguile. I knew you'd shave off a serious chunk of time before long. I'm not sure how you're playing, but 700 speeds up quite a bit so you might want to play less aggressively beyond that for now. Which S5 do you want in the charts? See, the game would call your current one better, as it considers only grade and then grade time. But we've been listing grade and survival.

10. Update with my next 999 speedy game (in less than a week) [​IMG]

PS: actually, my best was my S6 in... 13 minutes [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

Stopped locking at 700.

Need to do more tetrises on the last sections now

I think I can improve around 1 minute just by locking every tetromino and another 30~40 seconds by doing only tetrises.

But I can't see how I can get the final 1 minute and a half to achieve the game [​IMG]

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

The same for me..

I don't know how I can save 35 sec..

I've watched the m rank of Jago more than 20 times..And each time I feel more and more far to get the m rank.. [​IMG]

13. I got my first fast S9! I'd like to give a special thanks to Amnesia, who reminded me I neglect Master mode.

[​IMG]

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

HA HA!!!

I love that!!

that excites me!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] I'm not surprise of your score, it was evident I couldn't stay the third for a long time.. [​IMG]

15. If you do your calculation again, you'll see shaving those 90-100 seconds would put you at about 9:30, about where Amnesia is now. That's not a minute and a half... It's only 45 seconds away from M! (Though of course you also have to meet the 2 tetris per section/1:05 maximum section time requirements. I think you also need to complete the first 500 levels in 5:10 also, if my memory serves.)

Anyhow, here's something I wrote to Amnesia recently that I'll share in case it helps anyone:

Observation: The Master ranking is now strikingly similar to the Death ranking. cyberguile is 9th in both! kotetsu is 6th!

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Only DIGITAL is not in the good place in the death ranking!! [​IMG]

17. K

K

I've also totally negliged master mode since i got the m rank.

this damn T.A. Death is boring me... [​IMG]
    But i must finish with this one.

18. To translate from jago-speak to english: When he says "bored" he doesn't mean it is making him fall asleep or is trivial and beneath him. He means it is frustrating/aggravating/consuming him.

And I agree. Death mode is definitely the sexier challenge, but Master is what we'll be playing more in the long term. There's simply a LOT to it, not the least of which is the invisible challenge. [​IMG]

19. Yeah, I've pretty much abandoned death mode for now. Just too difficult and frustrating. I'm really getting back into Master Mode though. The gameplay is more varied and the goals are much more attainable (at least prior to M and GM rank).