Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. GM @ 08:39:85 on Happ 4-way sticks loooooool

No picture yet because I didn't have a camera and the place was closing in a couple of minutes.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2011
  2. K

K

You rock !

3. Ai

Ai

Excellent job Kitaru! A very big congratulations!! ^^

4. Ah damn, now I should really get working on orange Gm. Nice job Kitaru!

5. Key

Key

Congratulations, Kitaru!

6. As promised:
    [​IMG]

Thanks again to everyone for their support. :)

7. COL

COL

omg a big congrats for this amazing performance!!

8. New fastest clear:
    [​IMG]
    8:23:73 S9.

9. I finally breached 600. Of course, with my lack of consistency, I've been getting slower.

This occurred back in April.

[​IMG]

LOOK AT ALL OF MY SHINY BRONZE MEDALS!! :AWE:

[​IMG]

I don't even know what some of them are...

So is this an improvement or does my old record still stand?

10. I've just been informed it doesn't.

I guess speed is everything.

11. Nah, not really. I mean, you could shoot for a faster time on grade 1, but you're also already the fastest player with that grade. The survival improvement is definitely a good thing, as longer survival gives you more of a shot at an improved grade. The tricky part here is getting the doubles, triples, and tetrises to bump your way into S1. Given that you're going to be playing at max gravity when you're trying to transition from 1 to S1, it's a tough grade to break into.

12. I have faster times than what is posted here for grade 1 but because I thought progress meant more, I never bothered taking a snapshot.

The last master time I received on grade 1 was 6:25:--; faster than what I am currently ranked as (Ineluctable Entropy-----1 - 545 @ 06:44:46).

You've spent all this time convincing me speed meant nothing and solid stacking meant everything, but it seems you are wrong.

13. It's grade first, time second. Beside that, these things aren't mutually exclusive; you need solid stacking to get the tetrises that will trigger the grades earlier (hence a faster Mastering Time). A faster 1 is nice, but it's mainly a stepping stone to getting S1 to show up at all.

EDIT: Not to say speed means nothing, but I wouldn't suggest it be your primary focus at the moment. Solid high gravity play is worth more for now.

14. Hahaha, Kitaru would say something like that. It's true, though, at least at your level. Speed is meaningless until you can finish the game.

15. I didn't mean to present it as being totally unimportant. I recall stating something much as you did, actually -- just that it shouldn't be a major concern until one can reach the end.

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know I haven't posted anything substantial in a while. Sorry about that. I've been struggling improving in any mode at all, and even now with this game I don't feel like I'm getting any better, just had a lucky run. I can upload the .inp if anyone wants to encode a video for me. :D

One point for Sea-Tac TGM!

17. Ai

Ai

Awesome Kevin, congtats!! Just upload the .inp, I'll have a look at it later this week if anyone else hasn't encoded a video by that time. ^^

18. COL

COL

OMG
    Oo

19. K

K

Last edited: 8 May 2011
  20. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

S5, 924, 12:06:06.