Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. Key

Key

Wow, awesome for both Kitaru and Kevin! 2 more orange Gm is such a short time is pretty impressive.

By the way, I just had my new personal best a few days ago: S7, level 998, 11:xx:xx.
    I'll post a picture and confirm the time later this week (or in late May xD). One line away from clearing the game, oh my gosh!

2. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

What's the difference between green and orange lines GM?

I'm the only S5 on the leaderboard! That's pretty special, right? ;)

Finally I'm close to finishing at 999. 900-speed is nothing, but my nerves tend to get the best of me.... If I don't make it to 999 within a week (I will have time to play this week), feel free to point and laugh at me.

This game is almost supernatural. I think it has a soul.

3. An orange line GM means you got 32 or more lines in the M-roll.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I don't know how to tell that, I am certainely too proud, but I must tell you that I was impressed in watching your game, not only by the m roll, the whole game let me a very respectious feeling about your current skill. I have seen some terrifying demonstrations of very subtil tactics of placements..You really changed, I won't allow any one else to tell that you are only good for m roll but with a rubbish finesse. Today you are really superior that me on every domain of the game. I hope you will correctly assume your role of best western player.

5. kevin should change his avatar to
    [​IMG]

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Master in 8:13 with a M ROLL failed by 10sec..:|
    After a no m roll period of many weeks..So it mainly depends of motivation and not intensive recent training... I have clearly lost control because I thought too much that I may do it. I suddenly lost the "visibility" when I was at 1/3 of the field.
    Some people was right about this also : I have clearly divided by 4 the quantity of TGM playing lately.

I may still be able to do it after all..

7. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

S5, 962, 10:54:70.

I was clean at 900. Then my brain started farting.

8. You're not alone. Most of my games are in the 8:45-8:55 range again. But I haven't been playing as much since the carnival of death.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I am living a very good period currently on TAP in playing like 30min every 2 days. Probably thanks to a girl I recently met.

MASTER : 75% of my run cleared under 8:20
    DEATH : 75% of my run between 500 and 700 with M around 3:05.

But that won't last ofcourse, in is only for a few days like usualy.

10. Another GM in 8:34:35. It wasn't as beautiful as yesterday's failed game, but it is a new record as well as a "confirmation."

11. K

K

Gah... congratulations dudes.. it's the beginning of the end for me..:)

12. Key

Key

Congratulations again, Kitaru!

I think this is my new personal record from 2011/05/12 (different from the one I posted about).

S7, level 941. I'm not sure which time I should use. On the screenshot, the time at the bottom is the time I used to reach level 941 (10:59:23), and in the box, it says mastering time = 10:34:90. I guess mastering time means the time I used to reach S7. I don't know which one should be used for the leaderboard.

20110512_TAP_S7.jpg

I've gotten 2 S7, 1 S6 today, but I didn't clear any game. I got SK silver in all three games I mentioned. It seems like it's pretty hard to get gold SK.

13. Mastering Time is used for the leaderboard. You're basically competing against a pool of players in your grade for the best time. Otherwise, the best strategy between non-M/GM players would be to get the best grade you felt you could pull off then topping out as quickly as possible. Since the decorative Lines you get for clearing the game improve your standing, it also updates your Mastering Time if you can reach 999.

Not bad, you'll have a clear on your hands before you know it. :)

14. Key

Key

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Code:
    5--Edo---------------------M - 999 @ 07:55:35 - 09/17/10 - Best S9 in 7:49:08
    6--Amnesia-----------------M - 999 @ 08:11:65 - 10/16/10 - Best S9 in 8:09:15

Where are these damn 20 sec...I can't understand this..Edo ? Do you play on the real game or mame like me ??

16. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

I'm playing on mame at the moment, just like you. Really, there shouldn't be much stopping you from getting sub-8:00 times.

Here's a rough guide for what times I usually aim for:
    500 by 4:30
    700 by 6:10
    999 by 8:00

17. Key

Key

Finally, I cleared the game once again. This time I got a S8 (Green line) in 11:31:63. 900-level is still not easy to handle, but at least the other sections were under control during my best play.
    20110514_TAP_S8_green_2.jpg

18. Ai

Ai

Congratulations, nice grade for a first clear! ^^