Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. Good job, dude! You're breaking all those records since Eindhoven =)

2. COL

COL

it seems I'm getting a better understanding of DAS. Sub-20G DAS and finesse are my main weaknesses. Improvement has been made on the 500 part, usually i get over 5 minutes but here it was under 4:50 if i remember correctly. The rest of the run was as usual in terms of time. The run is full of misdrops and lucky recoveries, dunno if it is worth turning into avi.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4JydLhHXDI&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: 19 Jul 2013
  3. Please, by all means do. I would watch any tetris video, not to mention M videos with pre 20 G finesse.

It would be my pleasure to watch this!

4. K

K

it hurt ! just look bruteforcing :sowsuser:

5. COL

COL

Funny enough his play "only" earned a silver ST. Assuming he plays on his own pcb, he would have been able to save some time.

6. COL

COL

7. Not M! He doesn't even get a Tetris from 800-900.

Noooo000oobB)

8. Yep, he wrote on Twitter that 7:05 was probably possible...

9. Well, considering all his section times are 3 seconds slower than the best recorded on tetris-holic (and some of the one recorded on tetris-holic are slower than those recorded on kashiwa's pcb), it's definitely possible for him to still shave a good couple of seconds.
    Wondering what would be a TAS limit.

Dehacked ? ^^

10. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

I have a first-4-sections TAS with the following section times:

Code:
    Section     Time     Cumulative    Tetrises   Triples   Doubles   Singles
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    000-099    45.48      45.48          ? 
    100-199    43.50    1:28.98          ? 
    200-299    43.13    2:12.11          ? 
    300-399    42.68    2:54.79          ? 

Completing it I would want to record over starting around level 370 to fix up the stack shape going past the section boundary.

I think the first half of the game is where the majority of the time to be cleaned up in a TAS would be hidden.

11. Ai

Ai

[​IMG]

TAP Master Mode Orange Line S9 08:35:36 ^^

I messed up my chance to get the m grade by losing some valuable time in the level 600 to 700 section. My best first half is 04:36:35 and my best second half is around 03:40. This indicates that a time around 08:20 is possible if I have a great game. ^^

[​IMG]

12. New personal best m-roll in game: 0,5 seconds away from GM (arika logo in the middle of the screen, not moving anymore...)
    T_T

13. You're not quitting TGM yet :biggrin:

14. Ai

Ai

Very harsh, but still very nice cyberguile! Did you put a lot of effort into invisible practice? How consistent are you in clearing the m-roll during practice? I hope you obtain Gm next time. ^^

15. I trained a lot, all together, maybe... 27 minutes :p
    Playing only invisible mode is just too boring :p

16. Ai

Ai

Were you just lucky to get close to clearing the m-roll or do you feel confident you'll be able to do it? Anyway you'll probably obtain the Gm grade if you actually train invisible play. ^^

17. I'm very confident I can do it without training m-roll.
    All I do for a training is playing consistently so every single game reach 999, play ultra agressively the semi-invisible roll and play as slow as possible the m-roll with a lot of tap-tap-tap.
    As for orange line, it's clearly out of reach without specific training though...

PS: just realised Mame counts the number of time you launched a rom.
    1460 times on my PC, 1370 on my laptop. And I bought both of them after I started playing tgm :p
    With 3 or 4 games at least every time, starts to be... a lot of TAP games played :p

Last edited: 20 Sep 2013
  18. Guys, I talked with KOO yesterday, he's actually green GM. I asked him his tech to reach the rank, and I was told he never trained on any emulators or whatever, only on cabs... Just tried several times... and eventually got the rank... like 50 times... Sigh.

19. Confirms what I always thought: green Gm is totally doable.
    Orange GM requires wether you train specifically, wether... you are a genius :p

20. Ai

Ai

Interesting to know. Now that you mention it colour_thief also survived 55 seconds during the m-roll, but I'm not sure whether this is without specific practice. As for me, there's no chance I'll be able last more than 40 seconds without serious training. ^^