Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. Finally got S9! It was a super slow and sloppy game, though, in which I topped out at lvl 998 (for no good reason, other than a crap-ton of last second mistakes). Still need to work on my 20G consistency.

Video will be here, once it finishes uploading:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxfR7Z2IlrU

2. 8:13:86 m

Didn't get a screenshot of the game. :oops:

3. Nice man, that's a pretty fast time. Do you have any goals?

4. Muf

Muf

[​IMG]

Small improvement, but I'm on the road to Greater Things :D

EDIT: D'Oh, forgot that the GL I already have trumps the faster time of this record. Ah well.

5. COL

COL

Congrats for the medal ;)

6. Just to "me-too" on the train of getting back into this game:
    [​IMG]
    Pretty unimpressive but almost good enough to be getting the M-roll again. My goal's Orange GM, but breaking 8:20 completion time would also be nice.

7. Getting back into it.

[​IMG]

Before this, I had a game that went into 730 or so. Which was the first time I ever seen that section. :)
    ^That however, was my first game haha. And I forgot which button was mapped to screenshots. This one had a better mastering time by like 2 seconds so.

Still can't get that S2 though.

8. Alright! You can get it, after that you might see these grades rolling!

9. There's a video for my record btw, so can I have a little more substance for my record than "BANG"? :p

10. [​IMG]

AW YEAH

Do you see the date in my signature?! It's been almost FIVE years !!

Muf and clincher like this.
  11. New personal n'est
    M in 7:45:88
    Played on pcb

clincher, Qlex, K and 1 other person like this.
  12. K

K

pfiuu my best is still M 7:45:60 :V

that was close ;)

13. Played some TAP tonight.
    New fastest M: (EDIT: Nevermind, not quite fastest M, looks like I had an 8:27:01 back in 2011)
    [​IMG]
    And a few seconds away from a new fastest completion:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Jan 2015
    Qlex likes this.
  14. I finally finished TGM2 (shmupmametgm + keyboard) ! Gotta get faster next time !
    [​IMG]

steadshot and Qlex like this.
  15. [​IMG]
    m 999 @ 8:12:65

16. My first S9 ! On Ikebukuro Safari's cab:

[​IMG]

clincher likes this.
  17. [​IMG]

My best was an s9 at 9:50. I'm having trouble clearing the first two sections in 65 seconds reliably. Can anyone confirm or deny that after getting a gold medal it will downgrade to silver if you miss a time requirement?

18. Have literally never heard of that, and assuming you're talking about the SK medal I'd be amazed if it was true. It's for purely number of Tetrises and IDK why time requirements for Master would affect it. The ST medal will change colour temporarily if you re-acquire it at a different and lower colour, but the ST medal timings are based on the local records for the machine and are totally independent of the Master M requirements.

And personally I always find clearing at least the first section in 1:05 to be fairly difficult, though if you're aiming for M then you've got other things to work on as well given that you need to shave over a minute total off your time.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2015
  19. New fastest M in 8:23:91
    [​IMG]

Burbruee and Qlex like this.
  20. 0003.png

That recovery medal makes me a lot more proud of this run than I really should be.