Tournament: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 3 HAS ENDED

Thread in 'Competition' started by Rosti LFC, 5 Mar 2009.

1. Muf

Muf

Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Come on, he's 19, what damage could he possibly do [​IMG] He's not even legally allowed to drink in his own country.

2. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

And Rosti is 18 LOL.

3. Muf

Muf

Hmmm, you have a point there. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Rosti I'm sorry you hate me. I want you to know that I still love you and that maybe we can talk this out.

<3 Big C

5. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

But I am legally allowed to drink, therefore making me the bigger man. Also, drunken boxing ftw.

And I don't hate you. I just hate your damn 'tude.

6. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

[​IMG]

Keep hatin'...

7. Muf

Muf

[​IMG]

Keep lovin'... [​IMG]

8. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

blink over reveillark 15-0

9. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

caffeine loses to blink. 1 to 15.

ggs!

10. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Tables have been updated. SiRTeTRiS has been removed as requested (as well as any matches played against him) and goofer has been added.

All players who do not currently have any matches played have two weeks as of this post to get matches played. Any players wishing to sign up will also have two weeks to do so. After that people will have to wait until the second league starts to join, because this thing won't ever finish if people keep joining.

11. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Calownpion wins against Ezzelin, 27-3. (I won once roughly every nine games.)

12. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Ezzelin, that wasn't a league match.
    A league match is first to 15.
    When you want to play a league match, ask: Do you want to play a league game?
    You asked: Want to play a game or two?
    I like to rematch it soon for the league [​IMG]

13. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Oops, I'm sorry. I should have been more forward. Never mind, then, about those scores.

14. Reveillark

Reveillark Unregistered

goofer > Reveillark 15-7

15. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Rosti bt Reveillark 15-0
    Rosti bt goofer 15-6

16. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

rosti-lfc - goofer 15-6

17. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Calown defeats goofer
    15-8

18. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

If it is possible Rosti LFC I would like to join the league. I am not that great of a player, but I think I can at least give some of the lower players some competition and hopefully get player. Just wanted to ask seeing as you have changed the deadline to April 5th. If it is an issue or anything feel free to decline my request. I look forward to taking on some really great Tetris players.

19. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

Red Star, anyone can join as long as they play their matches (and it's before April 5th obviously) [​IMG]

Something I'm considering, assuming this one gets finished, is that if I do a second league I'll actually split it up into to two divisions. I'm probably talking about this way too early given that this current one is only a quarter of the way through and has quite a way still to go, but I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

My plan so far would be that each division has half the players. The bottom three from the top division will get moved to the bottom one at the end of the 'season'. The top two from the bottom division automatically get moved to the top one, and 3rd-6th have a mini tournament to decide the last person to move up.
    New players would automatically get added to the lower division.

An advantage of this system is that there are fewer matches to be played, meaning the seasons would be shorter, and maybe it introduces a little bit of real competition into the mid-range of players where people have little to fight for. A disadvantage would be that half the people competing don't get to play competitive matches against the top players, but I'm not sure how bothered people are by this.
    It'd also be a little bit of extra work for me, but I'm not too fussed about that, and it'd be easier for someone to help me out independently if there's two divisions.

20. Re: TC Blockbox Tetris League - SEASON 2 HAS STARTED

I think this is a really good idea. It speeds up the competition a bit. Now noone of the lower players is waiting to get crushed by blink or Digital and vice-versa. In two competitions it would be more exciting to play someone.

Don't wait too long with starting new competitions, this one is dead. Change is needed.