Terror Instinct Widescreen Backgrounds

Thread in 'Research & Development' started by taitovlx, 5 Jun 2020.

1. Been playing Terror Instinct with altinput. It works great. :)

When played in widescreen resolutions, the moving and zooming backgrounds do not always fill the entire screen. When the background picture zooms out far enough during gameplay, the sides of the screen are blank where the background does not fill the screen. Terror Instinct was not designed for widescreen, so I understand why this happens.

Does anybody have a way to have the background images always fill the entire screen during gameplay in widescreen resolutions?

I'm no programmer, but I thought making the background bigger might work. Another idea was to change the value for how far the backgrounds zoomed out.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Resized the first background and put it back in the background folder. The image did appear bigger in-game, but would not cover the entire screen.

My guess is that there is code somewhere which manages how the background behaves. Perhaps this code is different for each background image. That code would probably need to be modified.

3. Or perhaps rather than changing the code that governs the way the background behaves, the code that governs the size of the supported background images could be changed. That actually sounds like it would be easier to do.

4. Should have mentioned I'm using altinput.

Willing to offer a bounty for this mod if the price is right (I'm not rich or anything). If someone does go for the bounty, they would have to be OK with the mod being made public because I'm not the only person that would like to see this mod.

nahucirujano likes this.
  5. This would be really great. Hope someone shows up to make this possible.