Tetris Friends up on Facebook.com

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 9 Apr 2008.

1. kiwibonga

kiwibonga Unregistered

I'd say Flash is more consistent across browsers than Java is, but I think once you get over the 2 Ghz mark with a P4/Athlon or better (i.e. not a budget or mobile processor), you shouldn't experience slowdowns unless there's heaps of crap (animated gif or flash ads) on the page. I know Tetris Friends never usually lags for me...

If it gets to be a problem anyway, even when you do the usual closing most programs, disabling antivirus, etc, try downloading the latest Java runtimes from the Sun site, and play in IE...

2. LANAsiDOOG

LANAsiDOOG Unregistered

is it just me or did they say they were going to offer real time multiplayer in facebook tetris?

3. yeah they did say that, probably not for a month or longer. they are busy switching the game over to flash and fixing any bugs first, they want to make sure people can actually play the game before they work on a multiplayer.

4. Sadly it does. It is much laggier, it loads much slower, and I don't really see that being able to change.

5. Muf

Muf

No such issues here. The only things I'm struggling with are hard drop, slow DAS (it's faster but still not good enough), and bag randomiser. But none of those are likely to change at this point.

6. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

It loads faster for me then java version, but still lags. [​IMG]

Come on, peeps. I KNOW people can do better.

7. Anyone feel like the line clear delay is shorter now?

8. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i hope so. that's just the kind of thing that can broaden the gap between beginners and experienced players, and give everybody more room to improve. shorter delays = higher TPM.

9. yea a few new features of the flash version is faster DAS, shorter line clear delay, and replay function.

10. Magnanimous

Magnanimous Unregistered

(Yay for Tetris forums. Why haven't I found this site before?)

I've been with the application since the early days of Block Star, and it's definitely gotten a lot more pro-friendly. It's also a bit faster(on my connection, at least) with the latest release, but has anyone else noticed that they changed the rotation patterns? I had started playing solely off of reflexes, and I completely failed in a few seconds...

11. yeah, the rotation system is now SRS (super rotation system), very different from blockstar's previous rotation style. SRS will probably be implemented in all guideline Tetris games. The tetrisconcept wiki has alot of information about SRS rotation, and everything tetris really.

Oh, and welcome to tetrisconcept!

12. Magnanimous

Magnanimous Unregistered

Cool. It'll just be a matter of switching everything around in my head... which shouldn't take that long.

I've actually been stumbling around the tetrisconcept wiki page for a few months now, mostly for information on t-spins. Somehow, I just skipped over the forums. [​IMG]

13. jujube

jujube Unregistered

14. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

YOu can play the "blockstar" mode if you want. only difference is they switched the colors of L and J back to the correct ones (BLockstar had them wrong!)