TETRISCONCEPT : Great Tournament !

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 3 Aug 2008.

1. I'm interested. However, I'm not very good. (no really, I'm not, I haven't played for over a year)
    Just found out today that heboris has netplay now, me and some friends will have some fun games in the future. [​IMG]

I have a question regarding the rules, are all of the required changes set by the host or do we the players need to change some settings in the config too?
    Also, if it's not to much to ask.. Could someone post the exact settings the host will use for 0G, 20G soft and 20G hard? Maybe post a screenshot of the host settings?
    I request this because I might be holding a mini tournament the next weekend for just myself and some friends, and I want to use the same rules as you will be using in this one if possible.

Anyway, I want to participate in the 0G one at least.. I'm undecided at the moment if I will be playing in the other two, I'll have to come back later and decide that..
    I can play with both ARS and SRS, but I feel like I can play a lot faster, longer and get a higher rank offline with the SRS rotation present, so I think I'll use that one.

Also, when will the tournament start, any date set?

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Thank you for your participation..

I can't really give you an accurate answer currently, rules are still under discussion..Most of the options will be set by defaut, but sure somebody else who has more practice on me for nethebo will give you a better answer. I am still waiting some information to have complete settings..Don't worry, I want to be well organized, some screenshoot will be posted..
    It is still possible that we decide to totaly change the structure of the contest by a split between ARS and SRS, I am strongly opposed, but some people wish it..In the following days, a few pools will be edited at the first post to oriente the rules, The next one will decide if we split ARS and SRS, and this decision will influence a lot the whole contest and his working.

So there is still lot of works and preparations, not enough attendies, so it would begin on September.

3. For 0G, just set gravity to 1 (out of 5120 I think it is), set ARE to 0 (go into "Config" from the starting menu and turn "Drop Limit" to "On" also), DAS would be set high to allow players to use the Max DAS setting, but if not a value around 10 or 12 would probably suffice as being fast enough for beginners.

For the 20G settings, aside from changing the gravity to 5120, you can find the rest of the corresponding settings for ARE, DAS, Lock Delay and the like on the relevant pages of the Wiki.

4. Muf

Muf

Actually, the timings from the wiki don't directly translate to Heboris settings. Edo knows more about it than I do though.

5. Yeah, but I'd imagine they work well enough for the purpose of a tournament with a few friends. None of them are going to complain the ARE isn't exactly the right number of frames when they clear lines.

6. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

In this post I suggested using the values on my wiki page, with the following modifiers: DAS + 2, ARE + 3(this applies to both ARE and ARE2), LINE DELAY - X. Where X is the number of frames of LOCK FLASH you are using.

Also, in Heboris Mini, ARE refers to the ARE when no lines are cleared, and ARE2 refers to the ARE after lines are cleared. LOCK DELAY2 is the actual lock delay; LOCK DELAY should be 1 frame longer, as this accounts for the spawn frame.

So, assuming 1 frame of LOCK FLASH is used (actually, Ti has 1 and TAP has 2, but let's forget about that for the sake of simplicity), the timings should look like this:

Death 0:
    Code:
    SPEED    5120
    SPEED TYPE 1/256
    ARE     19
    LINE DELAY 11
    LOCK DELAY 31
    DAS     12
    LOCK DELAY2 30
    ARE2    15
    Shirase 300:
    Code:
    SPEED    5120
    SPEED TYPE 1/256
    ARE     7
    LINE DELAY 3
    LOCK DELAY 16
    DAS     8
    LOCK DELAY2 15
    ARE2    7

Please note that this information is from a study I did back in April, so these modifier values might not be correct with the current Heboris Mini version.

7. Alright, I tested the settings and DEATH 0 may not be too fast for me.
    Sign me up for Contest N2 as well.. I'll probably.. no, most likely come in last though, but I don't really care. Plus there's always time for practice before the tourney starts.
    As for Contest N3.. Forget it. [​IMG]

8. Ai

Ai

I'll give the first contest a try. I prefer ARS, but SRS is no problem either. 20G will have to wait till next year for now.

With me entering the first contest you don't have to worry about the last spot anymore! ^^

9. I guess that makes three of us to compete about that last spot. ^^

10. Ai

Ai

I doubt it seeing how you have been a member since November 2006, but I could be wrong of course. It'll be an interesting fight in the lower regions of the ranking nonetheless. ^^

11. True, but I just started playing again after a one year break or so.
    Well, I'm really looking forward to this tournament though no matter what my own placement will be, tournaments are fun. [​IMG]

Hm, I wonder if there will be enough power to run fraps at the same time as you are playing to record your own games, or if that would slow things down and cause lag.

12. I'm up for ARS in all three competitions.

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

RRhha... [​IMG]
    Well c_t..I hope to meet you before DIGITAL or somebody else kick one of us..

NEW POOL, in order to make advance this contest, I need once again you opinion, about 2 hardcore subjects..
    RDV to the first page.. [​IMG]

14. Apparently we can't vote? Anyhow, I vote for an SRS/ARS mix without ghetto participating.

15. I'm up for contest 1 with SRS.

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

17. amnesia, you should specify the garbage hole change % setting for the tournament too.

18. My ideal number would be 90%, or maybe 50% if some people want the garbage to be a little less fierce.

Definitely not 0% though...

19. I vote 89%. That's what real random is.

20. add me in all 3 contests