TETRISCONCEPT : Great Tournament !

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 3 Aug 2008.

1. Yep, just played it today Deniax and it I had less than a second lag maybe once or twice the entire time (and I was still on WLM). The lag was never that bad before but any lag can be fatal. It seems to be running great now though. If there is customizable DAS and such then I have no problem with using Blockbox at all. I'm very excited to hear about the customization options, I am a big fan of it. Nice work on the game Deniax and cheers to your efforts.

2. orz

orz

i want to play blockbox soooo bad

3. Deniax

Deniax Blockbox developer

Good to hear that it's running great [​IMG]

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

"(not really important) bug"?

can we get some poll options that are unbiased please? [​IMG] if people understand what the garbage bug is doing in hebo, can't they decide for themselves how important it is?

brief explanation of the bug: it sends extra lines of garbage. not every time, but it could possibly show up every game.

5. I really apologize..and the worst : I just finished my studies with a big part about the methods to avoid biased marketing studies.. [​IMG]
    But I want add the fact that every games I played gave me logical scores (except the 21 - 0 with caffeine)..So I stay sure that the impact of the bug on the final score is limited..

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

it's ok, i just hope that people are reading the threads and not just looking at how the poll options are phrased. but, you never know.

has anyone made progress on finding the hebo garbage bug?

7. Amnesia, you're only talking about games where the result is pretty obvious. What about the close games? If the score is 9-9 and the final game is won because of the bug (which isn't a massively unlikely scenario), then it completely changes the outcome of the match.

I mean, if a bug that can cause players to win games they shouldn't have won is so insignificant, why are we even having the tournament? We might as well just decide who would be more likely to win and go with that without even playing the games.

The bug is fixable, but it IS a significant bug.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

This tournament is not only an entertainment for the community, the management and the achievement of this event is a critical and personal question for me..

I am currently without my own connection and home currently..
    So I planed to test the game of deniax soon, and then, finaly start the contest N1..

See you later Tetris players !!

digital : what the hell are you doing ??! there is still one place for you on contest N2 !!

9. I think my vote goes to blockbox. (I may have voted for something else in the poll, I'm not sure. If so I'd like to change it.)

Though I will not enter this until I'm sure my connection is working 100%, because I don't want to be the guy who's no fun to play with because he gets disconnected every other match.

10. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Okay okay, I'll sign up already... [​IMG]

Enroll me for all 3. I'd like to play 0G with SRS, hard 20G with ARS, and soft 20G with either is fine with me.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I would like but I can't my friend !
    if I enter you for N1 and 3, that will be the mess..Not enough players..
    Tell it to jono, maserati, blink and jago..

With you digital, we would be 13 in contest N3, I would need 3 other players to reach a perfect "16"..

12. Amnesia, I think you're worrying too much over the exact number of people in each category. I wouldn't close registration when we get to 16, I'd just close registration whenever we're ready for the tournament to start.

As long as we have more than about 15 players, we can incorporate any number of players quite easily. It might require some people to play more games than others, but I really don't think that's a big deal providing places are set randomly, and I don't think it'd affect the outcome of the tournament.
    If you make the first round a group stage, then the numbers become even more flexible.

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I think you should be right..
    So I will add DIGITAL in every contests, and some groups will have more players to eliminate..

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Hi !

Please read the last upgrade on the first post !

The contest N1 will begin as soon as every players will have their own account on blokkendoos, deniax's Tetris game.

Registrations are not closed yet, as Rosti suggerated it..We can accept some other players !

15. Hey,

I think it could be fun for me and maybe also give me a little training if I were to participate in also contest #3 and not only 1 & 2.
    I'm not very good at that mode, my highscore for expert in blokkendoos is level 175 in 1:40, but haven't played it much.

16. massi4h

massi4h Unregistered

Ooh I've been out of the Tetris for a bit. I got LockJaw yesterday and suck ass on PC but play it fine on DS.

Anyway I might as well try, can I sign up for the OG with SRS (cause I'm TDS n00b)

Oh yeah I can't play with fast DAS at all lol, luckily I can set this to (hopefully) TDS speed DAS.

17. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

That just tells me you're used to a gamepad. Have you considered buying a Logitech controller, or perhaps an adapter for your existing game console's controller if you have one?

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

OK, tell me a number between 1 and 7..

19. Amnesia, did you forget about our match yesterday?

20. I would assume not, seeing as he's added it into the table on the other thread.

Poor Amnesia... [​IMG]

That said, I'm aiming at group A in the second round, which is going to be a group of death for sure.