TetriSubs: Ecstasy of Order translation and subtitling project

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Kitaru, 27 Jan 2014.

1. FZappa

FZappa Unregistered

Hi!

I'm not really familiar with google sheets, how do we get the subtitles out of it? As a srt file I mean.
    Or maybe someone has the english srt version...

Thanks a lot!

2. Hey!

I added the concatenate function, the thing you need to do is Copy Paste the column with everything to a simple text file and you will have a SSA subtitle text.

Now to make a srt out of that, I believe it is @Kitaru 's problem as well : Has anyone tried that one? It seems like it can do the job, and it would make things easier. In any case, there's a bunch of intermediate stages but nothing too cumbersome I hope. The only thing left would be to be able to modify any error in timing and translation directly to the Google Sheet, but I do believe there's pretty much no mistake left aside from extremely minor differences in punctuation from one translater to another if I'm not mistaken.

3. Hey there. :) As @Qlex mentioned, the Google Sheets method was proposed as an easy way for translators to collaborate using the final English text/timings and output an SSA subtitle file. To make an English SRT, we will probably have to go back and clean up the timings so they line up nicely. So, there is a little bit more work to be done there

Right now AegisSub's automatic SSA->SRT conversion works well when only one person is speaking at a time, but starts getting messy when overlapping timings don't line up nicely. I looked at a different tool before and it didn't work at all from what I recall, but I'll take a look at the one Qlex linked and see how that works out as well. In all likelihood, though, it's probably something that requires a bit more human touch to customize how the text/timing is converted.

EDIT: I quickly put the file through the converter linked above, and the way of handling overlapping timings is "do nothing." :p All the lines are converted straight-across with their original timings, even if they overlap. This isn't something standard SRT supports, so it's anyone's guess how a media player would actually handle it. You're free to give it a shot and see if it works for you though!

Qlex likes this.
  4. I updated the first post with links to English and Portuguese SRT files -- check it out. :)

Qlex likes this.
  5. Hi @Kitaru ! I'm working on the spanish subtitles. Here is the Google Drive document that i'm using. It's editable in case somebody wants to help!