Records: [Texmaster] Novice, Normal, Advance and Doubles

Thread in 'Competition' started by rednefed, 16 Jan 2009.

1. Ai

Ai

Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

@ Rosti_LFC: I understand. I never really practiced playing like that. I will make an effort to use that method of stacking.

Congrats breaking 500k rednefed! Looks like I better keep playing.

I cleared Novice mode in 02:59:55. I can do even better. I should have gotten around 02:56:00. Just skip to the end in this FAIL video! ^^'

EDIT:

New best time of 02:57:70. ^^

Last edited: 25 Jul 2009
  2. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

"Normal"
    [​IMG]
    GM, 999 @ 10:57:55

3. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

[​IMG]

I randomly picked this up again and whadayaknow...

And while I'm at it...

[​IMG]

4. Ai

Ai

Great speed while comboing.

In the game I posted in my last post with a time of 02:57:70 I tried to clear only tetrises. There's only one 3 step combo before level 200 with a triple, tetris and double. The score was 484107. So I think you should be able to break 500000 with your speed and a combo or 2 around level 200.

[​IMG]

5. Ai

Ai

The last Texmaster version feels easier. Only played like 45 minutes and already got 5 times over 500000.

My current 3 best performances:

1. 563472
    2. 547733
    3. 535835

Also got Gold CO for the second time ever as far as I know. I will try to upload a video soon.

[​IMG]

6. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

[​IMG]

7. Ai

Ai

Great! You will be GM soon, especially since you're fast and can afford to slow down for a few more tetrises when necessary.

And the rumors are true! Digital's Termino Velocity Pack is a sure way to improve your records. ^^

8. Last edited: 19 Sep 2009
  9. Ai

Ai

[​IMG]

COMBO GM!!! The 600000 barrier can certainly be broken without bravo in Texmaster Novice. Oh and look at that time while comboing! Can you imagine the score if I somehow manage to get a bravo? And to say I was unable to break 400k at the start of the year. ^^

Once I sort out some encoding problems I'll upload the replay and save file. I also still need to encode the Gold CO video I promised. ^^;

10. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

That's a really nice time. If I stack for combos, I end up closer to 3:25-3:30 due to all the line clear delays.

I guess you win this one.

11. Ai

Ai

Don't say that. You could easily beat my score with a bravo. Without one might be a little more difficult though. Besides you're better than me in everything else. ^^

What matters is the score in TAP Normal and the difference over there is almost nonexistent. I'd rather break 500k in TAP Normal than get 600k in Texmaster. Also if colour_thief, Edo, Amnesia etc. play this seriously for a while they would do better.

Concerning the speed increase. Just practice time attack for a while and you will be able to lower your clear time. Prior to playing for score, play time attack till you get a few games near 3 minutes. Piece placement while combo stacking is the least of my worries as it happens almost automatically. As a result multiplayer play and other game modes suffer from this without adequate preparations...

I've seen the 581109 run's replay. I could have gotten closer or even broken 600k if I didn't make 2 mistakes near the end. At level 262 I misdropped and at the end I rushed to finish the game instead of clearing a tetris. Some very high stacking and a lot of luck involved in this run. But I wasn't nervous. I was unaware of the score and time as it didn't really feel like a great game. ^^

Last edited: 26 Sep 2009
  12. Ai

Ai

[​IMG]

Not a new high score. I had close to 445000 near the end with an opportunity to stack for a tetris and seal the deal, but I once again fail to deliver when it matters. But I'm getting more and more consistent.

Top 3 scores:

1. 581109 - 03:09:45
    2. 578424 - 03:18:13
    3. 563472 - 03:30:70

Still no videos but you can find my save files in my signature for the time being. ^^

EDIT:

You can find both the old and new save file. Use the file in the Texmaster beta folder to watch my recent games. I've added the times above so as to make it easy to find the replays. I have replays of all my Novice runs with scores above 500k and a few time attack games. The game with the Gold CO is the run with a time of 03:23:71. The first combo chain is the Gold CO.

I won't be bothering you guys again unless I break 600000. Time to focus on TAP and other modes. ^^

EDIT:

The videos for those interested:

Ai T*xm*st*r Novice Mode 581109 ^^
    Ai T*xm*st*r Novice Mode 578424 ^^
    Ai T*xm*st*r Novice Mode Gold CO ^^

Last edited: 30 Sep 2009
  13. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

[​IMG]

14. Ai

Ai

Last edited: 20 Oct 2009
  15. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

[​IMG]

16. Ai

Ai

Welcome and congrats! Both time and score were a close call, but that doesn't take anything away from this great achievement. A very nice way to start posting on the forum! ^^

17. Ai

Ai

18. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

My first GM !!! :):D:p:biggrin:

[​IMG]

You know what ?
    I'm happy !!

19. Ai

Ai

You should be. Congrats! I see you only have S3 on the TGM leaderboard. You know what to do. ^^

20. COL

COL

haha infinite joy on your face!
    Well done!