Records: [Texmaster] Novice, Normal, Advance and Doubles

Thread in 'Competition' started by rednefed, 16 Jan 2009.

1. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

Guess I'll pop up and share my recent achievement.

[​IMG]

If I've learned anything after almost 2 years of playing grandmaster Tetris, it's that "I am a big, dumb klutz at it."

But I finally mustered enough willpower and intelligence to survive long enough to get GM. Hooray.

I may have a video up within 1-a couple days.

2. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

Yaaaay random GMs popping in! :D

Congratulations! That's quite a killer time for a first GM.

3. Ai

Ai

Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

Congrats with this great achievement DarkMatt. Unusually fast time for a first GM indeed. You're not bad in the other modes either!

4. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

[​IMG]

5. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

[​IMG]

Yes, finally :awe:

6. Ai

Ai

Nice! What a difference with my playstyle. Great score and wow at the number of tetrises at that speed.

My best time for the 20G part is 05:05:93 and for the sub 20G part I believe it's still 05:34:xx. I have more than 80 Novice games with a score over 500000. I got an AC and 6 more Gold COs. One of which is a 10 step combo consisting of seven consecutive doubles followed by 3 singles. Best first combo of the game is over 90000 at around level 60 without bravos, which I have done a few times. In TAP Normal best first combo is around 70000 near level 75. I have been slacking off recently. ^^;

7. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

Thanks :) Feels so rewarding to beat my times in this mode, maybe because it takes relatively long to complete? Anyway. Another day, well, evening of infinite happiness ^^ I dont know why i suck at novice so much though, every time i try to make a lot of combos i wind up clearing mistakes, usually i do best just with the standard tetris routine.

8. NBL

NBL

My first GM !

[​IMG]

at 12:47:01

I did it on 30/05/2010

9. Re: [Texmaster] Novice and Normal

Nice nice, congrats! :D

10. NBL

NBL

Thank you :). I forgot it, but you can also add the scor on the novice mode (which is on the screenshot too) :D

11. Ai

Ai

Re: [Texmaster] Novice, Normal and Advance

Congrats NBL!

Not bad play DDRKirby(ISQ). With a little more practice and luck you'll get a much higher score. You could also try a time attack run with as much tetrises as possible and a few combos when you get the opportunity.

Uploaded a few short videos mentioned in one of my previous posts:

Ai T*xm*st*r Novice 10 step Gold CO ^^
    Ai T*xm*st*r Novice 94314 at level 64 ^^

Will try to get the Gold CO medal in TAP Master soon.

I added an Advance Mode leaderboard and updated the leaderboard format.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Updated signature with most recent Texmaster save file as well. ^^

12. Re: [Texmaster] Novice, Normal and Advance

Nice steadshot, congrats! Looks like a solid game.
    Welcome to the forum :)

13. Ai

Ai

[​IMG]

I need to find a way to get my sub 20G time around 05:25. ^^

14. Re: [Texmaster] Novice, Normal and Advance

[​IMG]

Novice:
    576802, 300 @ 3:22:33

I am 110% convinced that good scores in this mode are more luck than anything else.

15. Ai

Ai

Nice score.

Are you saying that you need more luck to get higher scores more consistently compared to TAP Normal? Or do you think the scoring system is somehow broken?

I have about 20 games with scores around 550000 and I've gotten very close to my best score more than a few times. In TAP Normal in most great games I end up with scores around 450000. So far I've only gotten over 460000 a dozen times.

16. Re: [Texmaster] Novice, Normal and Advance

Luck with the randomizer. That is, you don't draw Z-S or S-Z very often when comboing, and that I's come along often enough, especially to get combos with two tetrises. It's good to leave column 8 a little lower than 1-7 so J's and L's can be placed flat side down for singles, so they aren't problem pieces.