Records: [Texmaster] Special and Sudden Ti

Thread in 'Competition' started by aperturegrillz, 27 Feb 2008.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

what is your key layout? you seem to do well with it, but wouldn't it make sense to use an index finger to lock? the index finger is presumably the fastest, and a player like yourself manually locks just about every piece.

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

hmm..Bastard.. [​IMG]
    Tu perds rien pour attendre DIGITAL..
    Un jour..

I just notice :

Code:
    Amnesia --------- 588  2:54:78
    Rosti LFC ------- 545  2:51:05

Is it really possible ??

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

z = hold
    xc = rotations
    numpad 1/2/3/5 = directional

Not optimal in the slightest but it's what I'm comfortable with. I'd like to switch it up but the dedication to relearn a whole configuration is just too much for me. [​IMG]

4. I'm a keyboard player too, have it set up as the arrow keys, space for hold, left shift, z, and x as rotates. So it is possible to play 2.5 tps with keyboard, I'm just junk at it. [​IMG]

5. jujube

jujube Unregistered

it just takes practice rednefed, that's all.

yeah, it's hard to force yourself to be half the player you were until you get used to new keys [​IMG]

i don't know if my setup is optimal or not, but the workload for my left and right hands is pretty well balanced.
    a,s,d rotate (i only use "a" when 180 rotation is available)
    f down
    j left
    k up
    l right
    ; hold
    or i'll use h,j,k,l in games like tetris zone that don't let you use semicolon.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

DIGITAL play a bit over 3 tm/s and on his video, I have not the impression that his fingers move that fast..So I think it is possible to reach 4,5, or even 5 tm/s on a keyboard..
    Continue DIGITAL , jono and caffeine ! [​IMG] Darwin will do the rest..Your children will have long and awfull fingers.. [​IMG]

7. Another Texmaster install, another new joystick.
    [​IMG]

It wasn't too bad.

Either way, I think I need to just improve my high speed skills a lot. Maybe when I get a CycloDS I can start using ndsTGM to train.

8. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Is that your first shot at this style of tetris? If so, awesome job! Welcome to TC. [​IMG]

9. Eh, I've been playing for about 6 months seriously now. For some reason, I felt nervous about joining the boards. I'm not sure why. [​IMG]

Anyway, I posted the wrong screenshot, that's a Normal mode score. Whoops!

[​IMG]

is the correct picture.

10. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Ah, even better! I didn't even notice the discrepancy. [​IMG]

11. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Don't be shy! We're mostly friendly [​IMG]. Anyways welcome to the club [​IMG]

12. Wooo, I started manual locking at 200-300 and came out with this:
    [​IMG]

13. Sudden TI
    Make that level 373 in 2:23:68.

[edit]
    398 @ 2:30:23

[edit]
    Special TI
    Broke into 700. Finally plagued by "the missing COOL" problem at 300-400, since I got pretty greedy with tetrises after 270.

712, S7, 5:51:43.

14. [​IMG]

Was just playing for fun, so I didn't aim for speed (didn't manually lock). Also didn't hold pieces.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

For fun ??
    Playing sudden ti without locking is a nightmare for me...If you want that I eat my joystick and drop my laptop by the window, I just have to do few run like that.. [​IMG]
    I hate, I hate AND I HATE the .... [​IMG]
    We should invent a technical term, for the case where you over estimate the lock delay and fail an IRS, HOLD or DAS an report it to the precedent tetriminos..
    The manual locking is a protection against that..

16. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Tempo.........Tetpo async?

Tetpo sync is when you're doing it correctly. [​IMG]

17. I actually have trouble following the rhythm well with my VSHG. With the keyboard I can go fine without locking manually but I have a lot more trouble with the stick.

18. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Gilly's calls a too-early initial action after a firm drop "jiznickery".

19. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

jiznickery doesn't have the "Tetris" feeling. jizlost on the other hand... [​IMG]