Records: [Texmaster] Special and Sudden Ti

Thread in 'Competition' started by aperturegrillz, 27 Feb 2008.

1. kapat

kapat Unregistered

i made it past my high score by another like 5 pieces....sad really, cause anything above 300 is SUCH A jump in speed. it's basically me TRYING to play, but really me just scrambling the pieces back and forth to try to get as many in before i top out.

sudden ti - 346 @ 2:33
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKrI3JhpcR8

oh, and lemme know if you want the kapat perverted texmaster pack. it's full of pretty girls and diffrent musics. i'll filefront it if anybody is interested

2. Sudden Ti
    500 @ 2:48:55.

3. Probably not what you'd want to hear, but you're most likely going to get stuck there for a while, because the speed difference really is huge.
    My advice would be to either train hard starting from 300 or to move to Death or some other mode and then come back to it in a few weeks time.

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

WOOOT!!!! I finally did it! I'm a little annoyed that this wasn't the prettiest of games but I'll take what I can get!
    [​IMG]
    I had a really good feeling about it today and it's not from hindsight either. I received many signs.

Prior to this record (earlier today), I was able to break my torikan PR with a 1:58:76. On a typical day, I'd make a ton of input mistakes trying to play fast but my fingers were being awfully cooperative. But not just that, I was able to maintain a somewhat stable mentality while manual locking, even above 600. Misdrops were almost no match and would be tossed aside almost as soon as they were made. And the last but probably most important thing, endurance! I noticed myself keeping form for much longer than usual even while giving it maximum effort.

Most of the time I spent playing, I was locking after 500 and often died in the 800s and 900s. I realized that I was able to keep myself in more control than usual. I then decided to start at 1200 to see if I could complete it but I accidentally chose 1300 instead. I played it anyway and to my surprise, I was not even phased by mistakes. Finished it 3 times in a roll just to make confirm my suspicions. Then I gave 1200 a try and completed it on the first try. That was my signal to start at 0 and NOT lock beyond 500. 1300 on the first try! [​IMG]

My hands were so numb towards the end I thought I was going to fall off my chair. They weren't numb from exhaustion. It was just this crazy shock through my system at around 1280 and I almost could not feel my fingers. [​IMG] I really thought I was going to die at 1299 but my fingers were just moving by themselves and got the job done. [​IMG] I regained a tiny bit of composure to just finish the big roll, which by the way, felt so much harder than before!

Oh yeah, here's the video.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/t2bqs7

5. Congrataroos! Where's the replay?! [​IMG]

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I'm planning to upload the whole .SAV eventually but not yet. I linked to a video at the end of my last post. Sorry in advance for the large filesize.

7. jujube

jujube Unregistered

congrats Digital [​IMG] that's an awesome accomplishment.

8. Congrats Digi. That's a pretty massive achievement.

9. Ai

Ai

I have just seen the replay! Very scary stuff! Unbelievable how you long you managed to play with the stack so high. Impressive skills!

10. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Thanks everyone. [​IMG] How long has it been since I hit 1200 for the first time?

Thanks for the smaller size mirror Meroigo. Shows how much I know about video encoding. [​IMG]

Who's in more disbelief, you or me? [​IMG] The stack was so horrible when I hit 1000 that I was expecting to die in the 1100s. Then I somehow survived but made an even bigger mess going into 1200. I was definitely expecting to misdrop and die right away as soon as that 1200 hits. It has to be a miracle!

11. My new best in Sudden Ti is level 231 in 1:41:73.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Con...co..ccCC !!?? [​IMG]

Hmm..I will success to tell it..
    CON-GRA-TU-LA-TION DI-GI-TAL..

ouf.. [​IMG]

13. Sudden Ti.
    500 @ 2:46:55.

I need to learn to lock at 300-500 to break the torikan, I think. But it's still too fast for me.
    Also, I need to be able to get those section times faster than 30 seconds, which I can very comfortably do with ACE-ARS2.

14. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

[​IMG]
    Woot, an update for Special Ti as well. [​IMG] My locking for 1200 speed has stabilized a lot.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

oaHHhh...
    Pff..Fuck you...

It is not funny anymore now..

[​IMG]

16. 672 @ 3:13:60

17. Jan

Jan

Sudden Ti: 425 in 2:57:83

18. Sudden Ti: 713 @ 3:22:05

Video