Records: [Texmaster] Special and Sudden Ti

Thread in 'Competition' started by aperturegrillz, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Ai

Ai

Apparently you obtained S7 before timc. I'm at the same level in this mode. ^^

2. [​IMG]

Ugh.. Third today. S4 curse continues.

3. [​IMG]

Yes! Finally!
    I've been struggling at S4 for several months!

4. Hi guys!!! It`s been a long time since the last time I posted here...xD

Well, today I had a better time (35 seconds less than before) and again I got Grade M8 (same grade than before) but better performance (13 more tetrises than before) :

Special Ti: M8 - 07:18:58

[​IMG]

About Suddent Ti, I`m playing better too:

Sudden Ti: 500 - 02:44:55

[​IMG]

See you guys...
    Good luck...
    Regards...

Nahu

5. Ah, quite a nice time improvement! And 13 more tetrises as well? Killer, haha. Too bad you missed that Cool early on, it looks like you would have had a shot at the invisible roll -- minimum S7 + all Cools to trigger it. Good stuff, keep it up. :]

Two tips: Try playing the fading credit roll just a little bit faster. It looks like you were just a triple away from M9. Also, late game tetrises are really valuable in your TAP grade; every two tetrises after 750 raises your TAP grade by one.

6. Thanks for the tips dudes, I`ll keep them in mind ;)
    Later I upload the gameplay so you can critic ;)
    I got to practice the fading roll, that`s true...

EDIT: here`s the replay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqwMrnd6-w

I`ll wait for your critics ;)

(Listen to the songs... I think you gonna find them very familiar hahaha xD...)

Last edited: 10 May 2010
  7. Last edited: 14 May 2010
  8. Improvement!
    [​IMG]
    1100 didn't feel much harder than 1000, until I lost control.

Sudden Ti: 1135 @ 5:12:48 (Gold ST + SK)

9. Last edited: 17 May 2010
  10. Last edited: 18 May 2010
  11. YES.

[​IMG]

Orange line, fading roll.

12. Very nice play, and very fast o_O
    Only 6 minutes, makes me almost(!) feel guilty having reached the same grade with my nervous crappy keyboard survival run.

Congrats!

13. Thanks. I might upload a video but the roll was pretty embarrassing.

14. Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! I get the Invisible Roll!!! (for the first time)
    But sadly it took me by sorprise and I just gained one Grade Point xD Hahaha

Special Ti - M9 in 07:19:95
    [​IMG]
    Replay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1WK1_LTNzQ
    From now on I got to practice the Invisible Roll I guess...

Last edited: 19 May 2010
  15. Wow!! Nice job! Definitely a solid run. Although Edo and some others are probably going to shoot me for saying this, I must remind you that you really don't need to get any faster now. While it's still a good idea to keep working on speed, remember that you can (as you did) get the invisible roll with relatively slow but consistent section times. I would honestly spend quite a bit of time training the invisible roll now. Play as much invisible as you can. If you don't enjoy training it, try playing a little Phantom Mania with Classic3 rule set in NullpoMino. Don't stop playing Special Ti, but realize that it's probably not worth grinding it a lot until you can at least consistently get 2-3 grades in the invisible roll.

16. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Haha, no I'm not going to shoot you; what you say is true. If you simply want a "good" grade, then a strong performance in the full invis roll is the most essential thing; fast completion time and lots of tetrises in the main game are only secondary concerns. You just have to be careful that you don't fall into the trap of equating grade with skill.

Actually, I've just thought of an interesting challenge that we could set for kan: to play as badly as possible in the main game whilst still achieving the GM grade at the end.

17. The slowest theoretical time (to avoid all section regrets) would be 10:27:90. I wonder how close KAN could get to that...