Records: [Texmaster] Special and Sudden Ti

Thread in 'Competition' started by aperturegrillz, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

This is not only the garbage rule. I could bet on my life, that there are many direct feelable differences with the lock delay and DAS charging rules.
    I have been pushing myself to ultimate limites recently on SHIRASE, I tried EVERY mental way to survive at SHIRASE 600, that was almost impossible, even in thinking that I was playing for saving my life, IMPOSSIBLE to resist over 900-1000...

I just try one time on sudden ti, the game was DIFFERENT, I was even not awaken, I was not "fresh", I was not in a prepared intensive spirit, I was more like " ah ?.. That move passed ?:confused: ok let's continu..."
    Considering that it was my 1st attempts, I was not even able to stack correctly for 000-300, making a ton of misdrop because of the timing difference.

Have you seen what I have wrote on FB kitaru ?:twisted:

2. I have to agree with Amnesia here. 1200 seems much easier in Tex than it does in the real game, where I still don't have a 1300 run.

3. I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that the value in the table for number of frames of lock delay should be correct. This doesn't mean it replicates all behaviors, but it certainly is based on more accurate data.

4. What I heard is that a computer doesn't exactly emulate 60 fps (it works by refreshing), and is therefore more lenient with inputs. That would be why just frame input on console > just frame input on an emulator. That's the same story for portable consoles, as I was told.

So that would explain the whole thing.

5. I don't really understand what you're trying to say there. If you have a decent timer, you should have a 1/60s window for input just the same. Besides, Ti runs on a PC-based hardware too, so that wouldn't be it. :)

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

The pb doesn't come from that, it is due to the presence of some "dead frame" during ARE which prevent to charge the DAS on the real game, and texmaster doesn't repliacate exactely this behavior.

At SHIRASE 600 and more, this difference become a real ponderant disavantage.

Then (please erase my post if what I say is too tandancious), the TI we have on PC is known for having an input lag around 3-4 fr, the lock delay is at 12 fr at SHIRASE 600, it is like 25% of time you don't have for moving the tetrimino.

7. Code:
    Qlex ------------  S4       475     3:16:50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF-nqZkfsTk

I felt comfortable for the very first time at this speed. I think that I'm nearly there.

If you have any piece of advice to give about the video, then by all means please do.

8. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

@3:05

You should've put the S to the right then put the L on the left.

9. Thanks, I didn't notice that one!

Code:
    Qlex ------------  S4       493     3:12:80
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGaRgE3uqbc

I shouldn't spend time to play games... but I tried some strategy that involves making lines all the time to slow down the pace a little bit...

... and I got this! Maxing out that idea might get me something like... around... 500?

And then I'll stop spamming that topic X3

10. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Learn to play at high speeds or you shall feel the unpleasant sensation of the torikan sexually violating you

11. It's true. However, crazy as it may seem, I considered breaking the torikan a matter of time, and will use that strategy for 500 speeds anyway, so I'm gonna do it either way ^^

REPOST EDIT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvznyRm6SZE

Code:
    Qlex ------------  S5       500     3:18:81
    Let's go to sleep.

12. Dude, stop making comments as if you're some sort of guru of Tetris when your score is substantially worse than the people you're apparently giving advice to.

13. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

it's not like there wasn't a time when i had torikan troubles

14. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykgwXuPcw90

Code:
    Qlex ------------  M1       799     6:26:81
    That S2 to S3 literally came from nowhere. Is there an explanation to this? I eventually got M1 but this was so unexpected from this play that I was completely in awe in front of my screen.

15. Unlike some of the earlier and later grades, S2 and S3 are only separated by one internal grade. That triple you got will have helped massively.

16. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

What's the 500+/Shirase music for Texmaster?

17. ghett0 : When playing Texmaster, you should use F7 to get access to the BGM test

Wow... I just took a look at everything concerning the grade system.

That was very informative. I didn't know the decay rate was so harsh during the latest parts.

KevinDDR : Thanks!

18. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I can't find versions of Texmaster with BGMs. Mind uploading it?

19. I think nahucirujano managed to do it. Not sure though.

20. Muf

Muf

What, people still play Texmaster these days? :awe: