Texmaster

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Report, 29 Jan 2008.

1. Yes, Heboris is a very good game.. and so is Texmaster. [​IMG]

http://nihon.se/Texmaster2009beta2.zip

It looks bigger now. [​IMG]

2. The povhat doesn't seem to work now.. I tried every value from 0 to 8 and it doesn't register in the game. [​IMG]

Am I missing something?

3. Report

Report Texmaster developer

sorry.

It was changed.

2009beta1patch2

player1_povhat = 1

2009beta2

player1_povhat = 0

4. Ah, thank you. I just assumed 0 was "off" so I tried 1-8.

Thank you for your help and your work on Texmaster.

5. Wow, it's almost as if every other time I come here, there's a new version, and is that the TC logo I see?

Only one problem: in Special Ti, I can no longer start at any speed level, no matter what I choose it always seems to start at 0.

6. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Thank you report! The axis option works great under linux! Finally i have a game that has native VSHG support!

EDIT:

I noticed a little glitch where the end roll timer shows up when you end a game and adds 1 one hundredth of a second to the time of the end roll

[​IMG]

7. I found a strange bug in the replay system. It is especially noticeable if you fast forward through a game. A second set of sounds plays along with the sounds of the game being replayed. If you fast forward, these two sets desync. After the replay is done playing, sounds of pieces locking, rotating, and clearing lines will continue.

EDIT: The backgrounds also change to reflect the progress of this invisible replay.

8. Okay, I cant the correct keys for the VSHG.

Can someone just send me their ini?

This i s exactly what I want for it.

Triangle=A

Circle=B

L1=C

Square:D

9. player1_keyA = 3

player1_keyB = 2

player1_keyC = 4

player1_keyD = 0

10. Oh, haha.

I was using the numbers all wrong.

Thanks.

11. Report: Can you make F1,F2,F3...F12 work on a joystick?

12. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Ya.. VSHG can be tricky to set up some times. Also if your on linux the correct axis for the vshg is 2. Although its pretty easy to find, i just started going up from zero until i found it.

13. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Version 2009 Beta 2 is a great improvement.

I noticed a bug that has been present for me since beta 1. Right when I start a new game, the "Ready...Go" repeats itself a second time.

Also, I have a suggestion. Could you make it so that we can skip the gameover screen by pressing a button. Currently, it takes a little too long to start a new game after a gameover.

14. DIGITAL: F11

15. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Ah, I see. Thanks kotetsu.

16. Nice job. I'm really enjoying Texmaster. [​IMG]

I have a problem with Doubles mode. When i go to it the game goes ready, set, go. then this pops up.

[​IMG]

Am i missing something like a file?

Also as Kotetsu pointed out no matter what speed level i go to it always starts at 0g in Special TI.

17. Wow, I just accidentally discovered that the Windows version of Texmaster runs perfectly in Wine. Even though I never even set up or configured Wine after installing the package. This greatly increases my hopes for playing Texmaster on my Macbook when it gets here on Thursday.

18. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

I'm willing to bet that you could get the linux binary to run natively on os x. All you would have to do is get the libraries installed that it requires.

19. philquiet

philquiet Unregistered

I have downloaded the 2009 beta2 and i'm really enjoying it! I'm new to that kind of tetris but I made some quick improvements only by playing that game.

I still suck at tetris compared of anyone here (My grade is 6, the only mode I can beat is the easy one) but I still enjoy trying to survive at 20g. I never played 20g tetris before and i'm definitivly addicted. Thank for that free gem! Keep improve it!

20. Report, thank you for making a game so simple that it runs even on the most useless computers that my school provides (I'd swear some of them don't actually have any RAM). Even when Heboris refuses to run and Mame is laggy even on full frameskip, Texmaster works perfectly.

Except for Novice mode on Beta1, but you seem to have addressed that.