Records: [TGM1]

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 22 May 2007.

1. That's really awesome Ex_Mosquito! It sounds like you've had a breakthrough.

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

BOU reveille toi merde!

arrache moi ce Gm !!! [​IMG]

3. kapat

kapat Unregistered

GM, GM, GM, GM, and then ....

[​IMG]

big improvement for me., ever since i got heboris and stuff i've been spoiled with the rot system of how lines can hope over almost anything to get into the emtpy row i got going wherever.

first time i ever seen level 5 too!

4. I had the exact same problem making the switch from a good TDS player to a good TGM player. I could easily cope with the speed, and showed it with my Lockjaw times (which I'm now somehow unable to even get close to), but the rotation would screw me up every time.

You'll get to a point where it starts to click, and from then onwards you'll start smashing your records and making rapid improvements for a bit.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Your mastering time and level, show you are a very good stacker..You had got the S5 rank very early.. [​IMG]
    NICE !

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Great leap! You can minimize the "tetlag" as we call it by playing with the same rotation system, called "HEBORIS" in heboris.

7. ei

ei

Decided to play a few (okay, more like 20) rounds of TGM to get a decent score on the board after playing some Heboris tonight. Figured I might as well get a score up so I don't look like a TOTAL lurker, so I fired up XMAME on the tower and...well...got something, at least.

What I will say is this: ARS messes with my head. Between Heboris and Tetris DS, I just can't seem to get the mindset switched.

(Also, I'd like to note some interesting oddities: I can do decently on Heboris with TGM settings (Heboris rots, obviously) on 20G (survived to ~600 there), and can do somewhat okay on TGM 20G (survived to ~300 there), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to survive the 300-399 range very well, The somewhat hi gravity always seems to mess me up--but if I survive to 400 I'll usually do fine and recover a bit.)

Another couple things that have been frustrating me:

How SLOOOOW sub20G TGM play is. I really miss sonic drop from Heboris. (on that note, I really hate slipping things under gaps on TGM as well, as you either have to hold down pretty much frame-perfect, or wait about three minutes for it to get to where you can slide it in.)

The lack of I-kicks--it's not as bad when your stack is clean and you're going to the right, but I can NEVER get it to cooperate going to the left short praying my stack will let it slide all the way over after IRSing it. If there's anything that's been killing me, it's not being able to clean up on the left side because of that.

Either way, at least I'm on the board. Expect improvements at some point or another, such as when I'm not fatigued from trying to get SOMETHING to work.

[​IMG]
    (S4, 46577 points, Level 541, Mastering Time: 6:32:96, Death Time: 7:46:51 for those who have difficulties seeing the image)

~EI

8. Both of these problems can be solved to some extent by keeping your stack as high as possible until you get to around 450~500, where you start to clear it down.

It means you don't have to wait as long when it's really low gravity, and can place the pieces quicker, but it also creates 20G artificially when you get to the 300 mark.

9. My first 999 on the pcb. .25 seconds away! i realise i wouldnt have gotten Gm becasue my score was too low, but im getting there slowly.

In the rush of xcitement i couldnt get the right settings on my phone to take a pick quick enough so it looks a little blurry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My goal is to get Gm before christmas. This game is sooo stressful [​IMG] fun though.

10. He he, you only need to save 4 seconds and Gm will be there.

Just try to play cleaner until 500 to start 20G with a nice and clean stack which will help you doing more tetrises and triples, saving the few seconds you need.

11. Yeah, Mosquito it's 4 seconds, not 0.25. The time that matters is the time you reach level 999 at, not the time you master the S9 grade.

You're still extremely close though.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Gm --> 10:59:38

Improved by 0,58 sec .. [​IMG]

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

New one handed performance, much faster than my first one..

Gm --> 12:22:--

I did all what I am able with this one..I can't do better..

I reached 999 with only 2 squares on the matrix.. [​IMG]

Currently we are 3 one handed players on TC..I will create a little leaderboard with the best score at : TGM, TAP Master and DEATH, and DOUBLE..

I also completed my first Master mode at S7 ~10:50

So ! [​IMG] I am now a bit stronger with one hand, than kan with his 2 hands in 2004.. [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Kitaru: you're on the way ! Play at the same speed but try and do a couple more tetrises: you will increase your score (thus your rank) AND your final time.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Ho it is funny ! [​IMG]

we are at the same position on the table..

Code:
     8--etherstorm-------------Gm - 999 @ 11:50:16
     9--Taratang---------------Gm - 999 @ 12:00:95
     10--colour_thief 1/2-------Gm - 999 @ 12:04:28
     11--Amnesia 1/2------------Gm - 999 @ 12:22:-- - 11/11/07
     12--Ken_P------------------Gm - 999 @ 12:35:31
     13--Rosti LFC--------------Gm - 999 @ 12:47:51

16. eight seconds improvement ( [​IMG] ):

[​IMG]

(but 27000 points less than my previous records, meaning I played WAY faster but did a lot of mistakes)

17. My young padawan, LordPie:

[​IMG]

18. Unlucky Kitaru. Painfully close

You'll have Gm pretty soon.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I think we should organize a contest of Master/Padawan education..

We start with 1,2 or 3 padawans max, with a weak level,

we make him (them) grow up, and we compare 6 months or 1 year later..

To see the best Tetris teacher [​IMG] ..

I am sure to be the best at this game.. [​IMG][​IMG]

20. In two weeks I've seen an improvement from rank 3 to S3

I'd say it is far more a reflection of the student's skill, patience, motivation and eagerness to improve that would be shown in the improvement than the ability of the master to teach.