Records: [TGM1]

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 22 May 2007.

1. the joy is infinite. that's all there is to it.

2. kukrapoc_bazza

kukrapoc_bazza Unregistered

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Woah, nice one. you jumped 3 ranks up above me, Amnesia, and mfm.

4. Gah, don't make me play this game again... [​IMG]

5. Tarto

Tarto Unregistered

Hey, thanks jago

I still feel really good about it, and I've decided to leave TGM1 aside until I reach 500 on TAP...

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

TTsss....That will be insuportable for me to see people improving during this 6 weeks period..

I can only play in my head..

7. Gm looks a real possibility now...

[​IMG]

That was at 1am. If I'd done it when I wasn't tired, I might have made the 7 second difference.

For points though, I was miles over - S9 was before 900. That helps because it means I have room to sacrifice stacking for speed a little.

8. Nice! Don't stop now, you're so very very close.

9. K

K

yeah ! really close ! [​IMG]

10. Leffe

Leffe Unregistered

I had almost given up on this game because of my numerous S9 but no Gm's. I usually get very nervous and lose all my stacking, just clearing singles and defending through the whole grade S9. I've reached 900 with a good stack and almost three minutes left numerous times and blown it all the time, often not even getting to 999.

Finally I barely made it, it's not a pretty one but it's Gm. I think 900-999 took me over 2 minutes and I was close to failure this time too. The last 10 pieces I just dumped on the top of the stack to get a final single at 999 before time ran out. Hopefully this makes future games a bit easier and less nervous now that I know it's possible.

[​IMG]

11. Well done there Leffe! I know you've worked a long time for that... Believe it or not I remember you from the ZiNc forum. You should drop by #arika again sometime, we've got 3 other Swedes who show up with some regularity.

12. Leffe

Leffe Unregistered

Thank you colour, it warms! And man I remember you too. Great to see you again!

I put it to rest for almost half a year and thought my addiction was gone, but then one day I decided to give it a go and realized how I sucked compared to what I remembered. After a few sittings I was hooked again and back to how it used to be, and now even better. It's good to be back.

13. Yea, I did that to to become Gm. It reduces the pressure.

However, I haven't been able to become Gm since that time (last summer).

My main goal was to become Gm is both noraml and 20g mode. And I did it. Then I lost the touch because I started to practice TGM2 master mode, and since TGM2 uses a better randomizer for stacking, I almost always lose the stack in TGM1 when I try to build.

However, I have gotten S9 in TGM2, and reached 999. However, not at the same time.

When I was Gm in TGM1, I could only get S1 in TGM2. So I have improved a lot.

It would be fin to actually beat my Gm time of 13'15 (same time in both Normal and 20g), but I can't seem to keep the stack, and by that I lose time.

14. YES!!! Gm rank at last!

Unfortunately, I accidentally lost the screen shot, so this will have to do:

[​IMG]

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG] ??

LOst, znakeeye, and who is the third? [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] BRAVO ROSTI!!!

WELL DONE ! And with a strong time for a first suceess.. [​IMG]

16. Leffe

Leffe Unregistered

L0st: I can understand you, TGM2 has a way more fair randomizer even if TGM usually is pretty good too. However I've been "starved" in TGM a few times and learnt to not build too daring as the risk involved is much higher than in TGM2. I've never made Gm in 20g but I've done 999, not fast enough. I do many mistakes before the game enters 20g mode, especially when "speeding up" pieces to fall faster, I hate it when you hear that click sound and you just created an ugly gap...

TGM2 also feels much more responsive and quick to react to your inputs which makes TGMs controls feel old and not very well "oiled". I've only made S6 in TGM2 though, which is way too little at level 950 something. The step to S1 seems much more far-fetched than the next S grades in TGM2. Sometimes I get a feeling that just a few more lines give you another S grade and they drop in quickly. I always get taken by surprise of the great speed increase at 900 compared to the earlier levels. In death I usually fail around just after 300 but I have a few 400+ under my belt.

I am going to focus on TGM1 now until I can get another Gm and feel comfortable that it wasn't just luck the first time around. I don't want to risk getting used to the smoother but faster TGM2 yet, although a few death modes in between helps keeping the speed up.

17. Lee N

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Shot at 2007-07-13

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Attend un peu le belge tu perds rien pour attendre... [​IMG]

[​IMG] AAHHHhh mfm!!!

sorry my friend [​IMG]

19. mfm005

mfm005 Unregistered

It was about time... [​IMG]

20. Slowly slowly getting there! I realise i need to speed up a bit but its such a damn stressfull game [​IMG]

[​IMG]