Records: [TGM1]

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 22 May 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Shot at 2007-08-19

Ouff...Finally..

[​IMG] Just 3rd after the two crazy..

2. Well done! More people should play this again, if only to improve their record. Currently, I'm beating most of you with only one hand and that's just not right.

3. I have tried a few times. It isn't possible to perform faster than the emulator allows you to play without serious mistakes, that usually ends the game with a worse time. My computer seems to play both mame and zinc worse than for one year ago. But I play much better Heboris and UGM. I have no explaination for that.

Only Jagoris would allow a fair competition, according to me. Didn't you play the one hand on the real arcade? I am sure it helps alot. I tried to compete with your time once, and sure I could keep up during the levels 0-499 with maybe a minute after. But the 20g mode, I just lost time and time and time.

4. i wil play this game again when I manage to find a cheap copy of the pcb [​IMG]

5. Amnesia, what emulator (or equivalent) are you using?

The font in your screen-shots look different to mine. I'm curious.

6. K

K

he probably use Zinc by seing the frame rate counter.

TGM1 use a 3D engine (as TGM3 btw), and Zinc have some option to smooth 3D texture rendering. But since the game originaly run in 320x240, and texture size adapted to it, near filtering give bad result.

This is an option you can disable. or maybe amnesia have randomly tweaked something [​IMG][​IMG]

7. And the pieces seem sharper.

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I seem to remember one of the PS1 emulators having a "2xSaI textures" or "Scale2x textures" option, which applies a filter to textures in much the same way that ZSNES and AdvanceMAME apply an upscaling filter to the whole screen.

9. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

I did it! With 0.92 seconds to spare, too.

[​IMG]

Gm Rank, level 999 @ 13:29.08.

10. Air Gear

Air Gear Unregistered

11. Ouch, that's got to sting. [​IMG]

And congratulations Poochy! Enjoy your day of infinite joy. [​IMG]

12. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

Heh, thanks. You have no idea how many people I bragged to out of excitement. Including many who have never even played TGM1. [​IMG]

And Air Gear, I know the feeling. Shortly before my successful Gm attempt was one that failed because I was just a few seconds over. Not to mention my TAP Master record still stands at level 996. All I can say is, don't let it get you down or too frustrated, and keep on trying. With an attempt that close, you'll definitely get it soon. I wish you the best of luck.

13. K

K

congrats poochy !

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Hopel

[​IMG]
    S7

11:33:75

15. Air Gear

Air Gear Unregistered

Oh, and, congratulations on the GM, Poochy! I wasn't really paying attention to what anyone else was doing during that last post, sorry...

16. I like that you're playing Death mode, but also taking the time to learn Master. A balanced approach like that really speeds up progress.

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Don't worry my friend.. [​IMG]
    One day, you will be able to do it almost everytime you want..

And you will know soon the same frustration in approching the M rank of TAP..

18. K

K

since 2 days TGM1 is plugged onto my arcade system. i've showed the game to a friend and i'm quite impressed how he learned fast the basic concept of the game... probably a futur addict [​IMG]
    anyway, the ranking table remembered me that i have some record to break. i've recorded a 10:27:?? play.

quite entertaining to play back on the good old masterpiece [​IMG]

19. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

Just out of boredom, I went and improved my time by 31.03 seconds:

[Edit: Picture removed.]

Gm Rank, level 999 @ 12:58.05

20. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Just a test with one hand...Until ~400...

I finished with my two hands.. [​IMG]
    But I am very worry...

I can bet on my life I respected all the conditions..

Grad 1 before 300

Grad S4 before 500

etc....

What happened ???? [​IMG]
    I know I played the whole game like a sheet...

Is there a condition of minimal number of tetris for the sections?