Records: [TGM1]

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 22 May 2007.

1. Damn ! I was almost there !

[​IMG]

Anyway i'm S8 now !

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
       6--cyberguile-------------Gm - 999 @ 10:08:06 - 03/21/11 - MAME
       7--DeHackEd---------------Gm - 999 @ 10:10:13 - 03/05/10 - MAME
       8--rednefed---------------Gm - 999 @ 10:13:05 - 02/21/11 - MAME

Are you sure ?
    It is 988 I think.

3. K

K

Contrats Key and Kasumi ! Infinite happiness and fanta grape for you !

4. Ai

Ai

Fixed. ^^;

Congrats Kasumi and Key! I don't think I've ever seen a score so close to the Gm requirement. KevinDDR's first Gm had a time of 13:29:90 which was the closest I had seen before. Keep up the nice progress tet2brik. 20G survival is okay now; it's time to focus on playing a faster. ^^

5. K

K

I need to play again an make a sub 9:30 :D

6. Okay. I'm finally asking about the fanta grape inside joke here. All I know is it's related to Ti. What's it mean? What brought it about? Why-a, why-a? Why's it fanta?

7. Probably similar to this one, if not that one exactly

8. Ai

Ai

^^

You will learn more by browsing through the thread. ^^

9. Key

Key

Thanks, K! I look forward seeing a sub 9:30 in this community!
    This is the closest I've seen for the GM time requirement, but I'm sure it's hard to beat my closeness to the score requirement :p

10. I haven't played anywhere nearly as frequently as I used to but it's nice to come back to tgm1 on any given day and get gm, regardless of how many months have passed

11. Oh whoa, mushroom is back! Where have you been for all this time? :p Getting back into the groove, or just visiting?

12. I will only play tgm1 now
    Gm death mode will have to wait next year's carnival

13. I just felt like putting in a couple games last night and getting gm again made me feel good, knowing my skill hasn't completely left me despite some awful tap performance. On that note, the number of western tap gms has my mind absolutely blown. I've been playing go and some other arcade games lately, but I feel like I peaked after getting orange s9 on tap, honestly.

14. C'mon !
    [​IMG]

15. Ai

Ai

Score requirement for Gm won't be that big a problem if you can keep up that stacking at a faster pace. Any idea of your times for the 0-500 and 500-999 sections? I suppose you don't manual lock at all in 20G. I'm positive you'll be able find a way to play 2 minutes faster. Congrats with the S9, keep playing and good luck obtaining the final grade! ^^

16. Thanks AI.
    I don't know my time for the 0-500 and 500-999 sections (i will check it next time) but as you said i never manually lock in 20G !
    My biggest problem is to keep a "clean" play in 20G. Generally, after level 800 i do singles or doubles and i make too much "holes".

Anyway, now i feel that the GM grade is not so far :)

17. [​IMG]
    levelstops!
    The siren drove me crazy that run

18. Just played a 10:53. My times are becoming extremely consistent but it feels impossible to break 10:50. This game felt like it had one of my best first halves ever and a quick 2nd half as well, but still it didn't even break my year-old record. What do I do to improve?

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Just played a M ROLL 53sec. My times are becoming extremely consistent but it feels impossible to finish at least 1 time / day. This game felt like it had one of my best first halves ever and a quick 2nd half as well, but still it didn't even break my year-old record. What do I do to improve?

Give me your brain and I will give you mine.

20. I was stuck at 10:30-10:55 for a while. Then the tweaks made to a certain program made me break through the barrier (although I've plateaued again, getting 10:20-10:35). If you're playing on PCB, though, I think it's just a problem of streamlining input and learning to stack boldly. A single is worth two levels (piece + clear) and probably isn't much slower than placing two pieces, while tetrises boost your levels/sec stat much faster than anything else...