Records: [TGM1]

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 22 May 2007.

1. 5:40? Something's wrong with your 0-500 then... at your level you should be closer to 5:25 if not faster. What are your individual section times?
    My best 0-500 (achieved just now) was 5:09. Ended up at 10:17, so I split 0-5G and 20G times pretty much evenly (pity).

Last edited: 12 May 2011
  2. Yeah I'm not sure what's up but I don't think I've ever broken 5:30. Not sure of my ST's.

3. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Code:
    Edo--------------------Gm - 999 @ 10:16:80 - 10/07/09 - MAME
    Edo--------------------Gm - 999 @ 09:58:68 - 05/20/11 - PCB (no sound)
    Wow, that's an improvement of approximately 1 second per month :D

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Is that all you can do with a PCB ??:twisted:

5. I took some time off, and came back finally, and wouldn't you know it. My first GM!!!

Super happy with it, played on MAME with keyboard. Hopefully i can get my time down though, i'm not very happy with that part, but hey, its a GM!

Attached Files:

6. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Surely you've got to be happy about the bravo?! To get one at all is quite an accomplishment, and to get one on your first GM is really remarkable!

If I actually had a speaker wired up, I could probably play at least 10 seconds faster. Ok, I admit, having to play without sound isn't much of a handicap, but not all of us are manly enough to play with v-sync glitches...

7. Oh, no i'm ABSOLUTELY happy about the Bravo!!! I completely surprised myself when i got it too. But yeah, it was definitely a moment of nirvana, if you will. I'm proud to have achieved it. By the way do we know the official count of how many Western GM's there are now?

8. GRATZ!

I am jealous :wub:

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

71 I guess ? There is no more accurate data than this leaderboard, I would say 80-90 to count the missing people because there must be some..

10. Ai

Ai

That's certainly an exceptional achievement, congrats! Most would have a hard time concentrating on getting their first Gm when they were just surprised by their first bravo. Congratulations with the sub 10 time Edo! From what you've posted so far over here and in the 20G thread somewhere around 09:45 is doable. ^^

72 on the leaderboard, but you're right that there must be more who don't know about this forum/thread or don't bother about registering and posting. I know a few places online with some Gm players, but I haven't added them to the leaderboard (yet). Then you have the players who obtained Gm on Texmaster or other clones who should be capable to do the same in TGM. I would say Amnesia's estimate is probably correct. I don't think we're close to 100 Gm players outside Japan yet.

11. So here we go again, sat down, played and knocked almost 30 seconds off my time! Now i'm sub thirteen minutes, time to get down to 12!

Attached Files:

12. WHOUA !!! I've got it !!! :D :D
    6 months of training and i'm GM now ! B)

[​IMG]

My experience :
    The first 5 months was a real pleasure as i felt my progress every week.
    My biggest problem was doing tetrises after level 500. So i've trained hard in 20G mode.
    This last month of training (May 2011) was not efficient as i did a lot of zombie playing. :facepalm:

Last week, i saw some progress in changing a little bit my play (trying to always concentrate on the 5th column after level 500).

I'm so happy to be GM !!!

Now I'll give a try on TGM 2 ! O_O

13. COL

COL

Félicitations!:)

14. Gratz ! 6 months seems pretty fast! How long didi it take you between becoming able to clear the game and be a GM ?

15. Ai

Ai

Congratulations tet2brik! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your day of infinite happiness and good luck with TAP!! ^^

Once you get used to the faster speeds after level 700 clearing the game with at least S5 won't be so difficult. Best way to practice for this is by playing Death mode until reaching level 300 is no problem anymore.

16. Congrats, tet2brik!

17. Thanks all for your congratz !
    I think i cleared the game for the first time in April (+2 months to be a GM).

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Next big objectif : DEATH Master.

For my case :

TGM1 start : Nov/Dec 2004
    TGM1 GM : April 2005
    TGM2 DEATH M and MASTER S9 : March 2007 *( At this period I had not my own PC, I played rarely during 2006 and 2007)
    TGM2 MASTER M : Dec 2007
    TGM3 SHIRASE 500+ : Jun 2008

Last edited: 6 Jun 2011
  19. 2 months... Thanks for the info :)

nicofromtokyo, currently 780 (S5).

20. Key

Key

Congrats for infinite happiness, tet2brik!