Records: [TGM1]

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 22 May 2007.

1. K

K

again :V
    [​IMG]

2. A 1 seconde par jour tu passes sous les 9 minutes avant la fin de l'annee !

3. K

K

déjà sous la barre des 9min30 ce serait vraiment bien ;)

4. ....

神...

How can people break that 10 minutes barrier.

Congrats by the way! You're in shape these days!

5. K

K

but i don't really understand why :V

[​IMG]

6. bon ça suffit maintenant :p

7. First sub-12 !! Didn't expect it as I am only practicing DEATH mode these last months, but kinda happy !

[​IMG]

8. Ohhh, see that French Touch at work!

I'll have to make some progress (i.e. actually finishing a game) by the next Masters =)

9. GG nico !!!

10. K

K

Go go nico, next year : sub 11 ^^

11. Now don't laugh at my score. :) This is the first time I've used a joystick instead of a grip controller.

372 lines levels at 7:10:28

Attached Files:

Last edited: 29 Nov 2013
  12. 372 levels, not lines =)

The level is increased with every piece that appears or line that is cleared ^^

Good luck, TGM can be a frustrating game but I'm pretty sure you'll like it!

13. Cool, welcome to the world of TGM, Don! Not a bad start! :)

What kind of stick are you using? Do you have it set to 4-way?

14. Ah right - levels, my bad. Thanks Qlex.

I'm using an EightArc Fusion (Qanba). Actually I forgot I had the 8-way gate in there. I'll change it to 4 and give it a try. Good tip!

15. 8-way is a little more clunky, but I've actually gotten several sub-11 GMs with my stick on 8-way. It definitely makes a much bigger difference in TAP.

TGM1 is mostly just mastering the controls, and grinding out 20G until you get good at it. How are you practicing? Have you tried practicing using the 20G code yet?

16. Wow, 20G mode is crazy fast. My biggest problem with all the fast gravity speeds is that the line pieces refuse to spin. I can't get them to spin at all on the fast levels.

17. New high score for me: 24,676 points - level 371 - 7:05:06

I'm not sure if the 4-way helped but I think it did.

Attached Files:

18. Time to link the old mainstay: J.O's TGM Guide, with English text by Villadelfia. This has a lot of great diagrams, animations, and advice on how to handle the pieces in various situations.

With the I-piece, you generally want to either a) leave room for it to rotate into (two spaces below the third block -- fulfilled by a 2x2 opening on the right or a 3x2 on the left), or b) leave a smooth surface with no pits to "catch" the 1 cell footprint vertical I-piece, so you can pre-rotate by holding a button in the delay before the piece enters the playfield and then drag along to the side unobstructed. The guide goes into more detail about how to respond to various situations and when to IRS/pre-rotate and when to move first and rotate later.

19. I second Kitaru's post. The use of the line piece will be of importance to you for the rest of your plays in the world of TGM (with the tiny little exception of TGM3)

Also, are you able to record some of your videos? I'd love to give some further input on your methods when playing near 300, if you feel like it =)

20. Thanks for the offer Qlex! I finally got my streaming set up again so I'll be streaming some TGM1 here shortly (hopefully)! I'll try to save it as well in case you're not able to see it live.

http://www.twitch.tv/donatreides