Records: [Ti] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Muf, 31 Jul 2008.

1. There's never a mystery to slowness. If you record one of your plays I guarantee that you'll see some combination of infinity abuse, lack of manual locking, and inefficient placement techniques. Speed won't come overnight, but you should make steady progress as long as you keep playing. For now, try to avoid really slow placements unless they offer a strong strategic advantage. All you pieces should be placed at approximately the same rate. If this is already the case then you're either crazy inefficient with every placement, or you aren't manually locking.

I wouldn't worry about it too much for now though. Survival is a more important goal when you're starting out. Take the time to learn the game and enjoy yourself. [​IMG]

2. The Enigmatic Form

The Enigmatic Form Unregistered

Of course you are right with all your observations; I didnt want to say that there is no reason for my bad times, I just meant that I just cant say right after a game exactly why I wasnt good.

What definitely costs me time is my lack of manual locking at higher speeds, Im aware of that, but I just cant do it.

My stacking shouldnt be much of a problem, I nearly always get silver SK medals now, but also here I really get lost at Shirase speed.

I just did a S3 at Level 551 in 05:03:01, which probably isnt bad at all. [​IMG]

3. Or Hold abuse, which is my preferred method of stalling when I need an extra split-second to think.

4. Muf

Muf

Very intense game, and an improvement of 26 seconds from my previous S5 time. Manual locking at 500 (speed 1000) IST DEATH. [​IMG]

Play data:

5. *merpy sneaks onto the board unannounced*

Well, I swore that once I passed the Torriken (sp?) I would post my times on the forum because they wouldn't be quite so embarrassing. ...it's still pretty bad (as is my photography), but here I am anyway. As you can see, my best level is 678 as of today (grade 2), and I'm qualified 3.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oh yes, and on the game itself (in the photos), I am called 'Jo?'

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Hi ! I wish you good luck ! [​IMG]
    how are you since August ?

7. Thanks, amnesia! I'm doing well... one more week of school til Christmas break, and I was pretty excited to pass 500 finally today! Twice, actually! And now I will make Christmas cookies. I'll save one for you. [​IMG]

8. Muf

Muf

Hey merpy [​IMG] Good to see you on my records thread. As you can see, I already added your World Easy scores from a while back to the leaderboard, but it's definitely better that you're playing Classic rule now. It'll be fun tracking your progress. Love the avatar you have!

9. Haha, I actually only played World Rules that one single time... living with ct, I don't think I could have got away with it! I selected it accidentally and spent most of the game laughing madly at the near-infinite lock delay. [​IMG]

It was definitely a fun diversion, but not something I'd normally want to do. [​IMG]

10. Muf

Muf

Ahh, you've been educated [​IMG]

11. The Enigmatic Form

@muf: when you do the next update, would it be possible to list my
    S3 04:55:41 Level 547, ST GO, SK BR
    instead of my shitty S4?

Wont have much time before christmas to play, altough I feel Im close at reaching the next step. [​IMG]

12. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

Provisional M_1 in 6:54.18 (level 930)

Picture (and maybe even movie) forthcoming later today when I get my proper toolset available.

13. The Enigmatic Form

NOW were talking! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I finally adjusted to a way of playing where I can ignore small mistakes and just keep playing fast. Now I just need to solidify this.

14. New provisional ranking!
    [​IMG]

15. Nothing exciting to report here...m7 qualified in World as of today at Acme Bowl.

16. Muf

Muf

Finally, an exam where I was alone and could put down a solid performance. Seriously, this game is all about psychology.

Quiz: what is wrong about the last two pictures?

17. Qualification games don't count for highscores. It's probably flashing your previous non-qualification game.

18. Muf

Muf

So you're saying the S3 @ 522 is due to two coincidental games that happen to both have level 522?

19. Yes. If your qualification game showed up in the rankings at all, then that would be a bug. Also, it would have been flashing yellow.