Challenge: [to be decided] Combo

Thread in 'Competition' started by kapat, 19 Nov 2008.

1. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Yeah, with low gravity, it's fairly easy to maintain BtB pretty much indefinitely. With combos, though the ceiling is finite, striving for the max combo is much harder than it seems. It would be hardest to get even near the theoretical max of guideline combos, whatever it is.

2. kapat

kapat Unregistered

i'm not aweosme at the game, but it seems that getting the highest combo would be to secret grade your way up, untill you can't handle it, and then break it down one at a time.

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

It's a lot harder than it sounds especially because you have to avoid overstacking. You have to keep in mind that you only clear 1 block out of the 4 you used with the active piece to clear a line (assuming you already filled in 9/10 of the row).

It would make our lives easier if those 3 blocks would disappear wouldn't it? [​IMG] But then we wouldn't be able to make over a 20 combo if that was the case. Then again, I doubt it's even remotely easy getting to 20 in the first place. [​IMG]

4. Maybe simply have a guideline (REN) style leaderboard and a TGM-style combo one? Not sure 10 or even 9 is even possible in TGM without lots and lots of luck, or TGMA's spawning above the well.

5. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

6. kapat

kapat Unregistered

so maybe just using 7-piece? that way it's less to do with luck, and most scores will be in the range form like having a high 8 to a super high 11.

8's easy, and 11 is kinda hard, even when setting up for it.

or we can scrap the whole idea. the thing i like to play tetris more is applying this "skill" in as many diffrent forms as i or the game can think of.

7. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

What I meant by luck is getting the right pieces at the right time and not so much about the randomizer. For the max TGM combo, you'd have to avoid recieving the I tetromino (though there's one way to get around this) while still getting the right pieces. For the max guideline combo, you'd have to get the right pieces while maintaining singles throughout the whole combo.

If you're not striving for the max in each, 8 wouldn't be too hard to get with TGM style combos using the two column wide strategy. As for guideline combos, 15 would probably be the equivalent if you use a 3 column type strategy (you're not limited to only singles).

8. kapat

kapat Unregistered

sooooooooooooooo.....

whats everbody conclusion?
    just as many reg line broken back to back without missing one? hold doens't count?

9. I got a 14 combo a couple days ago on Tetris Battle. It would've been a fifteen if I had gotten a little luckier.

10. m:)

m:) Unregistered

Tetris Party combos are deadly in battles. an 8 or 9 string combo will KO your opponent.

risky tho.

11. Aside from the risk, they're not worth it if you ask me. In Tetris Party, line clear delay is way to long for it. I found garbage production is better with TSDs.

12. m:)

m:) Unregistered

i defiantly don't think they are worth it. you could easily drop three tetrises before someone had their combo set up done.
    i stack for tetrises and do TSD's when convenient.

but those combo chains send lots of garbage. its kinda fun to watch the entire play field get the garbage all at once.