Whats the best Tetris game for you?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by KillerMiller, 22 Mar 2006.

1. I have to say Tetris DS is my favourite, but only for the online multiplayer. Single player isn't really that great, although some of the modes are good.

I enjoy TetriNET (mostly TetriFast) and Quadra too.

TAP is my favourite for single player though. I've sort of given up all other Tetris games with the hope of getting to 500 in death, 999 in Master, and a Gm rank on the original TGM.

And of course Lockjaw 40 lines is awesome too.

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Tetris Zone, Lockjaw, Heboris, and Tetris DS probably in that order. Rosti if you get a new video card you really should try cultris for multiplayer. i don't play it much anymore but it's a great multiplayer game. the only drawback for me is it tends to overheat my laptop sometimes.

3. LJ (PC), Tetris (GameBoy grey cart), LJ (GBA), Hebo - in that order.

Are there any other notable fan games that you lot can recommend to a casual player?

4. Air Gear

Air Gear Unregistered

I'm still the TGM guy, though let me say that, if they were both playable, it'd be between TAP and TGM3 for me. It's all on whether it's better having TGM+ or the hold piece...

And herc: that was a fun little Blockout game, though the whole sense of depth still feels kind of weird...it's like the ideal Blockout game would have to have some sort of "side view", or otherwise have multiple views, to help a little more with depth. Also, a big problem with games like that is that since faces are formed so much more slowly than lines in Tetris, levels need to accelerate more somehow...like fewer faces to a level or possibly TGM-style piece counting.

Ok, random thought stemming from that: who here agrees that the most intuitive, satisfying way to do rotations in a Blockout game would be with a Wiimote? Gah, guess I might have to do a Wiimote-controlled Blockout game to see if that makes it playable, along with the "see if tweaks can make a pentomino-based TGM-style game playable"...

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

3D Tetris, a Blockout clone for Virtual Boy, had a sort of semi-side view.

That or a trackball. Move the trackball to shift. Press button 1 or 2 to rotate around the gravity axis. Hold a button and move the trackball to rotate around the other axes. Press both buttons to drop.

6. i'm not sure what's the best right now, but i remember one i really enjoyed a lot. the new tetris was a lot of fun, i remember.

7. K

K

for me ? Errrr [​IMG]