Win a million dollars playing Tetris

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 9 May 2008.

1. Maybe Chaos has inside info that we're not aware of, but a large portion of the article says otherwise:

2. this Henk Rogers interview from 2006 also points to various platforms:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/specialArt.cfm?artid=11267

he talks about competing using different games as a vision for the future--

3. Muf

Muf

Kids are driving their bongs down FDR Drive. 'Pull the bong over man, I wanna do a hit. Pull it over!'

4. Since they're planning to do the big tetris tournament in 2009, i'd say Tetris DS would be too outdated. Tetris DS copies are no longer being made. It would make alot more sense to have the tournament consist of the newer tetris games coming out, such as the Wii version coming out, along with other newer ones, to boost game sales and exposure for them. I'm willing to bet the PC version will be one of the games being used, just because there are so many more people with computers vs people with a Wii or Xbox360. Tetris DS could be included too as one of the games being used in the tournament, but I am sure it would not be the only tetris game being played.

5. Whose idea was it to stop printing TDS in the US anyway? I'm guessing Nintendo and not TTC, but you never know...

6. Chaos

Chaos Unregistered

Well in regards to that "meeting" that was held with various players from the tourney (myself and z-flo included), I was given the impression that in the later stages of this little project, was to be done on a single platform of Tetris. What we discussed was basically the workings of the "tournament" rather than the "game". Along the lines of the "game", I got the impression that they have a new product coming out, and that whatever it was, would be the foundation of the bigger scaled tournaments.

In any case, if they do plan to go with multiple patforms for all this, then the winner will be the one that has enough cash to get all the platforms we'll be playing on. I'm sure the guy that has every platform to practice on will own face against the guy that's godly on TDS, but sucks on Splash, and Zone, and whatever other platform they intend to incorporate, because they don't have the kind of funds to purchase them.

In any case, if they ever decide to get back in touch with us, I'll be sure to put in an inquiry about a few things.