Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles (PC version)

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 28 Nov 2007.

1. I thought I'd pass on the word of an upcoming puzzle game being released for PC. It's created by a team of only 2 people, and shows incredible polish and passion compared to the average disposable puzzle games that get released all the time. It was originally made for the GP2X, but is now being ported to PC. I really love this dev team and hope they can succeed.

Please note this is a commercial game, but there is a free demo. If you preorder their game, they'll make a custom sprite graphic for you in the game. How cool is that?

2. Looks like I'm picking it up.

3. Awesome. Any ideas of how the mechanics work? Versus mode? I'll check it out later.

4. This game reminds me very much of PDP.

(after playing for just 5 minutes)

5. boo preorders are done, I wanted my own custom sprite QQ

Maybe I'll get it but I have so many games to play right now and knowing I lost on the chance to get a custom sprite is a heart breaker [​IMG]

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

fear not, Monte.

[​IMG]
    it's actually pronounced "mont"

7. yeah that's a nice sprite and all but still the thought of having a little Monte sprite is so awesome. I would have had him drawn with a karate kid headband and it'd be blowing in the wind and stuff. it would have ruled!

8. I'm pretty sure you can pre-order up until December 24th, so you haven't missed out Monte. Well, you missed the preorder period for the GP2X, but I don't think that's what you meant. [​IMG]

9. oh i see, yeah i was reading the GP2X part. the last update (august 24th) on the main part of the site says pre-orders are closed and they would be treated as orders from then on coupled with the fact that there is only the order tab on the site made me think that was also for the PC version. Hmmm maybe i'll get it after all. I'll try out the demo tomorrow cause I have to do some HW tonight.

10. Hao

Hao Unregistered

Hi everyone [​IMG]

colour_thief: Thanks for posting the news! I just checked the referrals and saw it.

monte: Don't worry, the preorders with the custom sprite are still running for the PC version for $20, until December 24th. Sorry for the mixup with the GP2X version [​IMG] we'll be clearing out those things as soon as we update our page.

We love puzzle games (especially Tetris Attack), so if you love big chains, you're gonna enjoy it, however the game includes lots of more moves, as well as a very long story mode with lots of funny dialogues, and a couple of versus boss battles included in the demo so that you can taste those too.

caffeine: You can play the game for a while and read the tutorials section (which shows the complete game mechanics). As all the good puzzle games, the learning curve can be steep, but even the most untalented puzzle gamers catch up after the first world (and believe me, I've seen the worst).

BTW: Have you guys seen some of the custom sprites that were done for the GP2X? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]