WTF? Where's my Tetris DS max score???

Thread in 'Discussion' started by massi4h, 7 Feb 2007.

1. massi4h

massi4h Unregistered

I've been playing tetris DS for the last two weeks quite hardcore to get my score as 99999999 or whatever just all 9's on endless marathon. After I had the max score I suicided then chose end in the menu of end and restart. I went into records and my score wasn't there! I turned off the DS then turned it back on and it still wasn't there? I am soo annoyed since I've wasted two weeks on this and it didn't show up and now I suck at playing normally against the computer... Someone please help me!

2. Two Bugs:

1) Unless you lose, your score won't get recorded.

2) Even if you do, unless your score is exactly 99,999,999 the it won't be in records. One point over and it won't save.

To get: http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m313 ... C01843.jpg

you need to stop it exactly on 99,999,999.

I know how bad it is to do it, though I made sure mine was saved.

3. massi4h

massi4h Unregistered

So you mean if I have just a small amount of points before that and I tetris and then die will it record? Or will I need to get that exact amount somehow?

4. che_lives

che_lives Unregistered

theres a trick to get +1 point per second, you just have to hod down+A/per second.

5. massi4h

massi4h Unregistered

doesn't work on speeds 18 or higher. Because they instantly drop?

NVM you're right I just discovered this. Now all I need to do is get something that holds down down and continuously presses A.

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I wouldn't do that. I'd try to get close to max with tetrises and then from there, I'd clear singles until I get extremely close. At that point, I'd use that trick.

7. che_lives

che_lives Unregistered

now the question is...What are you going to do?

are you going to waste 10 hour of your life again?

8. To do it:

1)You need to get to 99,000,000

2)Use the down+A trick to get to 99,001,980

3)Clear lines until you get to 99,997,980

4)Use the down+A to get to exactly on 99,997,999.

5)Get a single clear to get to 99,999,999

6)Just don't press anything and let the pieces stack up to the top.

To be honest though, it's not worth it. You don't get anything other than the ability to say you've done it, and because it's so easy, it's not much of an achievement. Any half-decent player with nothing better to do can max-out Tetris DS.

9. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Even Animal Crossing is arguably more fun than maxing TDS standard.

10. Is all of that strictly necessary? Do you have to finish with a line clear?

I'm vaguely considering doing this, if only because I've maxed out many other tetris games. But 10 hours is very steep.

11. CT, the order might confuse you slightly, but yeah. Either that or you have to do Down+A for more than 2,000 points. I don't think, at lvl 20, any points are awarded in denominations other than multiples of 2,000.

The last few steps can be re-arranged, but you need 99,998,000 points through line clears and 1,999 through Down+A

12. massi4h

massi4h Unregistered

10 Hours of my life??? I can't T-spin any good this took much longer than 10 hours...

13. I agree 100%

I love maxing out Tetris games, but 10 hours is not worth it my opinion.

Have you maxed out GBA Tetris worlds, classic mode?

- Jono

14. Nope, the only portable game I've maxed out is Tetris DX.

15. 10 hours is pretty quick. It took me around 12 I would say. It's also extremely boring and tedious, and screws up your wifi play for a bit.

10 hours would be if you were concentrating on Tetrises, t-spins and generally playing quickly for the whole time, and that'd require a heck of a lot of concentration.

16. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I will now gloat:

[​IMG]

'cause I'm an asshole.

17. Phy, you shouldn't gloat. You were stupid enough to do it twice...

18. Kaledean

Kaledean Unregistered

10 hours, what are you talking 10 hours straight?

19. che_lives

che_lives Unregistered

lol!

20. You can pause, and put your DS in sleep mode, but yeah. 10 hours is a minimum estimate. I'd be surprised to see someone do it faster.